England

theres something really great in this that reminds me of some of them classic galway c64 feelings.

its probably yr leads

Last edited by Jellica (Apr 19, 2010 6:48 pm)

Sweden

I appreciate the flying socks and Galway comparisons smile (and all other comments so far, of course, but if anyone is willing to stabilize my ego again with some biting criticism, go ahead! I'd appreciate that too.)

Anyway, anyone want the source files? I guess they could be educational or useful for remixing or whatever.

Adelaide, Australia

I'd say "Yes please!" to the source files. I love seeing other people's tracker work and learning a thing or two. big_smile

Anaheim, California

Great first 8bp release man

New York City
boomlinde wrote:

but if anyone is willing to stabilize my ego again with some biting criticism, go ahead! I'd appreciate that too.

Some of the synth patches sounded like your standard FM fare, but they were well covered under piles of other nicely synthesized bits (like the percussion) and an excellent mixing that makes each timbre shine really well without letting it be muddy.

Sorry, it's a bad situation to balance your ego xD

South Dakota

d ^_^ b

Bronx, NY

This release certainly lived up to my overblown expectations. linde is a truly amazing artist, and this shows it.

Eanske, Holland

mmm finally gotten to listening, what a lovely EP this one is smile
How many operator FM is it ? presuming it's the sega megadrive chip, 4?
Very nice beat programming as well, and nice metallic leads and pads.
it's encouraging to hear very downtempo (almost ambient) stuff as well,
it realy works in this release ! definitely a keeper.

CHIPTUNE

gooood!
but i'm missing a snare rush!

Surrey, BC Canada

Holy shit! You are making that sound chip WORK! Dude, loved the classy use of 7/4 on Heights! Great drumming and melody! But I think Satellites is my favourite track. The mellow vibe is simply unbeatable! It definitely conjures images of a lone satellite, aimlessly propelling through the solar system. Sort of sounds like the Intro to Mass Effect 2, but totally FM. Great release man, well played.

Huddersfield, UK

Yeah, really nice release! Don't normally dig much FM stuff but this was great! Satellites was my favourite too, I'm a sucker for ambience smile

astral cat

inb4 linde at blip wink

Milwaukee, WI

I absolutely loved this.  Thank you so much Linde!!! smile

TX

Solid release. Galileon is especially hot, and the cover art is beautiful.

If you want criticism, though: I think Void Traveler and Heights are weaker than the rest of the material. The melody in both tracks I find to be, in parts, repetitive and annoying in an action-gamey sort of way, though the drum programming is generally solid. I prefer the moodier, more atmospheric sort of feel the other tracks have. But hey, I'm just a guy. It really is a good record.

Last edited by Brother Android (May 9, 2010 5:39 am)

Leuven, Bellagium

Sounds very 80's syntisch schtuffs to me! Like Master Vangelis, Klaus Schulze and Jean Michel Jarre... Which is GUREAT in my opinion! It's the first thing I've heard from you, and it DID live up to my expectations. wink

Adelaide, Australia

Cheers for the source files. Checking them out!