Wellington, NZ

I have a transferer 2 I could sell/trade you.  Email is in my signature

rochester, ny
arottenbit wrote:
xero wrote:

agreed.
that's how i backup my my ems32 cart.

ok. After read this i've bought a Mega Memory Card and an USB Card.

And the trick doesn't work.

I backup my EMS saves in the MMC(=megamemorycard).. but when i plug the USB cart in MMC.. it gives me errors and ereases all the  backupped saves in his memory. why?

the trick works for me, when i can do it. my usb cart doesn't fit smoothly into the MMC. so, it's hard to make the transfer.

but it works for me, after a lot of trying.

Milan, Italy

Strange..
Maybe i'll try with a BleepBloop usb cart or some other ems ones..

The most strange thing is that when i backup the save from a gameboy camera, pugging in the usb cart i dont receive any error.
But when i open the save with "gb camera dumper" i only got glitched pics.. hmm

Sweden

I just read that there are two versions of the Mega Memory Card, the old black one and the newer yellow transparent one. Apparently the old black one does not work with EMS carts from what I've read. I hope I'm wrong since I have ordered a black one to use with my EMS64. Does anyone have a black MMC that can confirm the compability issues?

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i have the yellow one... and it works great.

Milan, Italy

Wich USB cart are you using?
I have an EMS 64M USB one..

edit:
and yeah, i've got that trasparent yellow MMC too.

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 21, 2010 4:37 pm)

Wait, hasent NeX made one of these?

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

the yellow MMC works fine w/ both my non-ubs ems32 cart, and my new usb emb64 cart.

Milan, Italy

strage. So I have to try it with another USB cart asap. smile

Sweden

The black one worked with my EMS64! I'm happy.

Milan, Italy

mmh..
i've just discovered that the MMC works with the usb cart when using a Game Boy Color (before i was using a GB Light).

I can backup and everything.. the problem is that when i restore it doesn't write anything in the USB Cart sram.

But maybe i'm doing something wrong.
Can someone please tell what is that switch in the top of the MMC for?
I usually just always keep it on the right side and i totally don't care about it. is it wrong?

Sweden
arottenbit wrote:

I usually just always keep it on the right side and i totally don't care about it. is it wrong?

I also keep it to the right, when it's to the left it wont start up for me. What USB cart are you using? I have only tried it on my EMS 64.

Milan, Italy

Clear yellow MMC + EMS 64M USB Cart.
(trying to backup old EMS 32M carts)

Maybe there's something wrong in my MMC or in my usb cart.
I'll try with a BleepBLoop one asap. hmm

Sweden

You could try to delete everything on the EMS cart before restoring on it with MMC, but I have never had to do that. Restoring just deletes the sav on the EMS and replaces it.

Milan, Italy

meh.. neighter the erasing works. hmm

The cart works well if i write on the SRAM using the Computer Programmer..
..and the MMC works fine with any other non-usb cart.

yeah.. i've totally have to try different setups to check if the cart is having problems or the MMC..