Tokyo, Japan

The sampler is clearly the most unique and brilliant feature. Record your very own improvised BRK? Yes please smile

Bit Shifter wrote:

...Izek Sewing Machine version...

This is my next hack.

And no there will be no save feature.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
Battle Lava wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

...Izek Sewing Machine version...

This is my next hack.

And no there will be no save feature.

O GAWWWWWWWWWWWD

Swansea, UK

While it looks cool, it isn't really my "thing" - it's kinda a halfway house between apps that use the iPhones full capabilities really well, and the original nanoloop- there are better sample/sequencers out there.

I'm still praying for a nanoloop GB rom version. There's no reason why a version couldn't be made, other than that oliver doesn't want to (which is fine, but sad)

Milton Keynes, England

got this on saturday. loving it. big_smile

New York, New York
donotrunwithpixels wrote:

While it looks cool, it isn't really my "thing" - it's kinda a halfway house between apps that use the iPhones full capabilities really well, and the original nanoloop- there are better sample/sequencers out there.

I'm still praying for a nanoloop GB rom version. There's no reason why a version couldn't be made, other than that oliver doesn't want to (which is fine, but sad)

If you want a GB rom, go get LSDJ.

(I think by what you said you want real GB sounds but the Nanoloop interface doesn't really interest you on a portable device without classic sounds. LSDJ is more your thing, I took from your post.)

Last edited by Esopus-dragon (Mar 1, 2010 9:37 pm)

Psydney, Australia

OK I tried to play with it, but the 'manual' is really scarce and I have no experience with Nanoloop on GB. I keep running into walls sad
Is there like a tute somewhere? If there is I wasn't able to find it.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

I just got it about 4 days ago big_smile

San Francisco

did a work shop at a dutycycle show. its not my thing. it feels limited to me... as does all nanoloops.... i think it is just my preference. I dont even think the sampler is that powerful.  each to their own i guess.

I have this its alright I guess, but I prefer DMG smile

Tacoma WA

all of you saying it feels limited need to try nanovoice for a few months.

then talk to me about limits hmm

infradead wrote:

ouch wink

Westfield, NJ
infradead wrote:

not everyone likes limits smile

San Francisco
infradead wrote:

i have. i didnt like it. i dont use it.

Italy

After several months of use I must say this is the only useful music app I have on my iphone. The only one I have done some real music with, at least. I have a lot of other apps, wasted some good money on it, some are really nice but too buggy and the interface too cumbersome to be really useable (like jasuto pro) others are just toys and nothing more. Nanoloop makes perfect sense on the iphone, it's perfect for the screen, uses just as much of the capabilities of the device to be fun and has that chiptuneish flavour I like.
The only point of critique is (and here I agree with what others have said) that it sometimes feels a bit like a halfway thing.