rochester, ny

http://vimeo.com/13240905

i just watched this last night and i learned so much. i didn't know you could use the A command to make extra long tables. i've been very intimidated by a lot of the details of the WAV channel. i had no idea that you could control the K command. everyone should share some tricks/sav files!

this is definitely inspiring me to try to step up my game. very very cool!

BK

yeah, this was awesome. that A00 trick is a great idea, I didn't realize how cool it was until I tried it.
I'm also REALLY interested in that 2 channel chord echo trick, it sounds incredible.

San Francisco

i knew about most of this but definitely some cool stuff to review and some ideas to work with.
I always like watching workshops. maybe one day i will get enough balls to do one.

Last edited by wedanced (Jul 31, 2010 4:20 am)

Anahiem, CA

Thanks for the video. I learned so much from it!

Psydney, Australia
wedanced wrote:

i knew about most of this but definitely some cool stuff to review and some ideas to work with.
I always like watching workshops. maybe one day i will get enough balls to do one.

Here's some balls. Now make one.
Wear a mask, scramble your voice, do whatever it takes big_smile

Tokyo, Japan

Thanks very much for sharing this 8Static and Animal Style. Learned a whole bunch of stuff!!!!

Chicago, IL USA

Yeah the extralong tables thing was great. It was like "That makes so much sense how have I NOT thought of that?!"

Kudos for sharing. You rule.

Sweeeeeeden
Kris k wrote:

yeah, this was awesome. that A00 trick is a great idea, I didn't realize how cool it was until I tried it.

However, for what he used it for, it would've been much more compact to define a groove and just have one transpose value on each row. So if your chord is 00, 00, 00, 00, 03, 03, 03, 03, 05, 05, 05, 05, 07, 07, 07, 07, 0A, 0A, 0A, 0A, 0E, 0E, 0E, 0E what yo can actually do is just enter 00, 03, 05, 07, 0A, 0E and use a groove which just has 4 in it. Use the G command in the table to activate that groove. That will wait 4 ticks between every step.

What's more, you can use this to easily make groovy chords by entering a groove 5,3,4,2

San Francisco
nitro2k01 wrote:
Kris k wrote:

However, for what he used it for, it would've been much more compact to define a groove and just have one transpose value on each row. So if your chord is 00, 00, 00, 00, 03, 03, 03, 03, 05, 05, 05, 05, 07, 07, 07, 07, 0A, 0A, 0A, 0A, 0E, 0E, 0E, 0E what yo can actually do is just enter 00, 03, 05, 07, 0A, 0E and use a groove which just has 4 in it. Use the G command in the table to activate that groove. That will wait 4 ticks between every step.

What's more, you can use this to easily make groovy chords by entering a groove 5,3,4,2

i do this.

rochester, ny
nitro2k01 wrote:
Kris k wrote:

trying this tonight. sick idea.