celsius' article wrote:

The machines were then dumped into the city's rivers.

lolusa

coffee
tobacco
ales
puzzle games
donkey kong country (all of them)
Delphine games
Text to speech programs

Last edited by ovenrake (Aug 6, 2010 9:32 am)

WOW MAN!

My guilty pleasure away from computers is bowling. League bowling to be precise.

Here's proof: me getting some practice in.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5493868/IMG_0015.MOV

Chicago IL

right now i'm getting into pirate / bootleg games

GNV / FL / USA

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
neilbaldwin wrote:

My guilty pleasure away from computers is bowling. League bowling to be precise.

AWESOME!

Though you need a bowling shirt. smile
I love bowling too... i suck at it, but it's a lot of fun..

England

Twilight.

WOW MAN!
low-gain wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

AWESOME!

You don't know how accurate that picture is. I'm utterly obsessed by The Big Lebowski. Utterly. So much it would scare you. What the fuck, we're all friends here, right?

- i made one of those Time mirrors, it's hanging in our hall
- a friend knitted me a dude cardigan (it was a charity thing)
- i've lost count the number of times I've seen the film
- i could quote you any line in the film and probably quote something every day
- i have a totally complete music soundtrack in chronological order (there's only about half of the songs on the OST CD)
- i have an assortment of Lebowski toys
- attended the first UK Lebowski Fest (come back please!)
- i made 3 prints from the film, Dude, Walter and Donny's heads in the scene with Jesus - I used them to put into picture-frame speakers and they are the rear surround speakers in our lounge
- my right arm tattoo is a Big Lebowski sleeve (burning car, Maude as the Valkerie, a marmot on a lead, Bunny sat in a white russian, Seattle 7 "logo', scissors, "no funny stuff" in cut-out newspaper letters, bowling pins, 50's style neon stars, clams and bones, a $1000 bill.....and I have a severed toe with the banner "Bunny" on my leg)
- we had white russian cup cakes for our wedding cake

I could go on but I think that's enough damage big_smile

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Aug 6, 2010 11:42 am)

AANABAY01

i like rereading Ringworld over and over. i have a pretty cool collection of middle-period Dragon Magazines, a supplement to various then-TSR games like Dungeons and Dragons, and just a good place for gaming advice in general. some of them have really interesting reviews of old DOS and SNES games which are amusing to read now. also I have the issue where someone reviews M:TG lol

also i watch a lot of genki girl anime. bring on ze hatrs

Wellington, NZ

I was the captain of my highschool's robotics team.  Battle bots that is.

I wrote my own linux based operating system. 

I was in popular science for an iPod mod I did

I make music with my gameboy.

Abandoned on Fire

Cassette players.  Boombox, walkman, "tape drive", whatever.  I love cassettes and while cry the day I don't have a tape deck in my vehicle.

Also reading anything by Frank Herbert or William Gibson but there's nothing "geeky" about that... right? wink

Last edited by egr (Aug 6, 2010 1:28 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
neilbaldwin wrote:
low-gain wrote:

AWESOME!

You don't know how accurate that picture is. I'm utterly obsessed by The Big Lebowski. Utterly. So much it would scare you. What the fuck, we're all friends here, right?

- i have a totally complete music soundtrack in chronological order (there's only about half of the songs on the OST CD)
- i made 3 prints from the film, Dude, Walter and Donny's heads in the scene with Jesus - I used them to put into picture-frame speakers and they are the rear surround speakers in our lounge
- my right arm tattoo is a Big Lebowski sleeve (burning car, Maude as the Valkerie, a marmot on a lead, Bunny sat in a white russian, Seattle 7 "logo', scissors, "no funny stuff" in cut-out newspaper letters, bowling pins, 50's style neon stars, clams and bones, a $1000 bill.....and I have a severed toe with the banner "Bunny" on my leg)

We'd get along just fine. wink
That movie is the shit. It's on my iPod so i can watch it when ever i want. smile

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 6, 2010 2:26 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
egr wrote:

Cassette players.  Boombox, walkman, "tape drive", whatever.  I love cassettes and while cry the day I don't have a tape deck in my vehicle.

Also reading anything by Frank Herbert or William Gibson but there's nothing "geeky" about that... right? wink

You and me both!

Geneva, NY
low-gain wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

We'd get along just fine. wink
That movie is the shit. It's on my iPod so i can watch it when ever i want. smile

Heh.  It's on my dingoo and i set it on my dash to watch when I go on long, lonesome drives (like to Toy Company).  I've said it once and I'll say it again: Neil needs to get the drawing of the huge cock dude Jackie Treehorn did... BRANDED somewhere on his body.

Also... Plain Flavored's a nihilist?  That must be exhausting.

Also also, while we're talking Dude nerdery... has it ever occurred to you that thru his ties w/ the music industry that the Dude must have gotten his hands on some unreleased Elvis Costello tracks since he was rocking "My Mood Swings" on his headphones, yet it's never been released on anything but the Big Lebowski Soundtrack?  LOL >_<

Last edited by BLEO (Aug 6, 2010 2:49 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
low-gain wrote:
egr wrote:

You and me both!

Here's a few of my favorites smile

<<< that pic kinda blows but it's an awesome box

... and best of all ...

Last edited by egr (Aug 6, 2010 3:11 pm)

Chicago, IL USA

Comics, all things literary (MFA writing student. Wanna have a four hour conversation about the link between Hemmingway's Nick Adam's stories and lost american classicism? Or why English is the best language?), Philosophy (lets hear it for all my people with useless degrees: Creative Writing major with minor in Philo? anyone?) , Video Games, especially 2d fighters, bad (or good) horror movies, and I'm insanely nerdy about 70-80's punk rock, specifically the Ramones and Screeching Weasel. I collect Marilyn Monroe and Creature from the Black Lagoon paraphernalia.