Minneapolis

I have no idea if any of you on this board will be able to help a bro out with this, but I'm looking for a Famicom. It needs to be an original Famicom, not an AV Famicom, not a Famiclone, and it needs to be unmodded. Cosmetic condition does not matter much to me as long as there is not permanent marker or paint on the unit. I can deal with dirt, stickers, yellowing, scratches, etc. It needs to be fully functional, though I will permit dodgy control pads. I do not need a power supply or RF connector box. Lastly, it needs to be cheap. Like, around $30 shipped.

I'm looking for one mainly because I have had some people ask me if I'd be willing to make Famicom EPROM carts, or a Famicom version of the upcoming Mucnhausen cart. And, let's be honest here, I'd like to own a Famicom as much as the next guy. smile

I can offer trades or Paypal monies. I'd be willing to part with one or more of the following in exchange:

A custom NES cart (name your game/ROM)
Various un-modded NES games
Gameboy Color, unmodded, in either yellow or purple
And maybe, just maybe, I'd be willing to part with my blue backlit Gameboy Pocket, which has a *handmade* quad LED backlight derived from a GBA SP AGS-101 and has new, less green-looking polarizing film.

Maybe one of you folks going to Blip Tokyo would be willing to hook me up?

Thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

if you're willing to give it back to me... i will loan you mine. wink

New York City
arfink wrote:

Maybe one of you folks going to Blip Tokyo would be willing to hook me up?

Thanks!

If this is easy to get MAYBE I can work as a mule, maybe not. I dunno about Japan, really, seems like all this sort of stuff is not to be found a-plenty on streets, only through Yahoo Auctions, so I recommend you to use a proxyy bidding service to get it from Yahoo japan

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear … x=commerce

[edit] I hope that link works for you

Last edited by akira^8GB (Aug 5, 2010 10:07 pm)

Minneapolis

Thanks for the offer Low-Gain! I just might have to take you up on it, though of course I really do want my own. smile
No Carrier thinks he might be able to hook me up with something, but feel free to offer anyway.

Akira- thanks for the link. I'll have a look.

NJ

arfink, i believe i'll be up there in september. i can part with mine, but before i lug around stuff i'd like to make sure you actually come out to a show and grab it from me - since i have to pack wisely for tour.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
facundo wrote:

arfink, i believe i'll be up there in september. i can part with mine, but before i lug around stuff i'd like to make sure you actually come out to a show and grab it from me - since i have to pack wisely for tour.

Are you officially coming as well?

I still need to find a venue for this show. >_<
The city put the buzz kill on my normal venue..