San Francisco

i like making digital art / normal art and noisepeices. i do a lot of interactive sculptures. i do design. got some stuff up on my tumblr

http://wduwsts.tumblr.com/

check it out!

Philly, PA, USA

I'm kind of a jack of all trades when it comes to nerdiness, my interests come and go,
lately the strongest have been cars, and design
and then even more so automotive design. if you've ever been in a car with me you've probably been subjected to a lecture about tail lights...

Bristol

hmm... Painting is my current vice.. really kills time but feels good..
OTherwise I love driving about listening to alt rock circa 98 - 03, playing guitar, working on short films, photography... My current (and by current I mean ongoing since 2008) gaming obsession is Wipeout HD.. the only game I want a platinum trophy in. I've loved the whole series but HD is like TEH NEXT LEVEL.

Otherwise I've been enjoying The Handmade Electronic Music book yet I cannot get a simple oscillator to oscillate (even though I've done it times before..) hmm... Yeh.. I like things. Oh and I can pretty much quote all of Futurama. But thats not really a skill is it?

Anaheim, California

I'm not into it much anymore, but I used to like pro wrestling, mainly small independent companies in the US and a bunch of Japanese promotions, big and small.

here's an example of some weird Japanese comedy wrestling from a company called Dramatic Dream Team (DDT)

Huddersfield, UK

Well, many people my age would consider my interest in politics to be somewhat nerdy, in particular I like to study 60's/70's American politics as an alternative to my more frequent academic studies on ideology.

On the side I watch quite a lot of old 70's movies which were state funded, try learn about numbers and patterns and also put a large amount of hours behind researching into hidden meanings behind Boards of Canada songs/internet postings/imagery.

GNV / FL / USA
Decktonic wrote:
SKGB wrote:

i fucking love vinyl, man. i got a record player about 2 weeks ago and have been buying up used and new ever since.

I've had a record player for less than a year and I have at least 100 records now... the worst/best part of it all is that I seek out really rare stuff, stuff I have to import from Europe, stuff you can't find on Discogs, stuff that none of my friends have never heard of... wait, that last part is a lie, I said earlier that I have no friends.

SKGB & Decktonic - what kind of stuff do you guys collect?

New York, New York
Decktonic wrote:
SKGB wrote:

i fucking love vinyl, man. i got a record player about 2 weeks ago and have been buying up used and new ever since.

I've had a record player for less than a year and I have at least 100 records now... the worst/best part of it all is that I seek out really rare stuff, stuff I have to import from Europe, stuff you can't find on Discogs, stuff that none of my friends have never heard of... wait, that last part is a lie, I said earlier that I have no friends.

I think i have 1,000's of records, mostly the imported or unheard of type. I used to have no friends. T.=.T

*I think I have friends now.

Last edited by Esopus-dragon (Aug 7, 2010 9:29 pm)

Carbondale, IL
KeFF wrote:

Star Wars and videogames

Really?  Given your current avatar, I would have figured you for a major Monty Python nut.

In addition to being a Python nut, I am also a fan of Sam & Max: Freelance Police, NPR's Car Talk and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, electronics work (it's not just a job, it's a passion), making things with my own bare hands, rifle and handgun shooting (shotgun when I feel like it), cycling rather than driving, video games, music, and college marching band.

Last edited by scienceguy8 (Aug 8, 2010 12:18 am)

San Antonio, Texas

PC gaming. Learning about languages even though I'm a horrible student. And sappy foreign films/T.V. shows.

Brooklyn, NY

I have an unhealthy fascination with Carl Sagan, airships and things with gears in them.

killadelphia
zenalbatrossssss wrote:

Carl Sagan

um...  fuck yeah.

science.

Chicago IL

nerding out

Westfield, NJ
NO CARRIER wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

At the moment, I collect vinyl records, CDs, videogames (including old boxed NES and Gameboy games, as well as Gameboys), and Nintendo memorabilia (especially Club Nintendo rewards). When I was a kid, I collected lots of stuff... comic books, trading cards, milk caps / POGs, beanie babies, LEGOs, action figures, coins, stamps, postcards, precious stones, toy cars, those pennies you get as souvenirs where you put $0.51 in the machine and it squashes the penny and imprints a design on it... just about everything really. It was a terrible addiction, and all the stuff just takes up space now.

Westfield, NJ

Oh and I completely forgot to mention my PENCIL COLLECTION. I have this large pencil case filled to the very brim with various pencils I collected throughout the years... I never even sharpened them, they are mint. I also have some pens in there. Novelty stuff, promotional stuff, souvenir stuff... it's crazy. Has to be at least 50 of them.

And if that's not bad enough, then there's my collection of HAPPY MEAL TOYS. I have hundreds. I used to get my mom to take me through the drive through and we would both get happy meals so that I would get 2 toys in one day. I would get complete sets. They are all still in their bags.

ON a completely unrelated note, when I was a kid I LOVED watches. I used to horde them. At one point some fast food chain (I think it was Burger King) had promotional watches for The Rugrats movie which you could get for $1.99 with a happy meal purchase and I got one of each. I then proceeded to wear three on each arm to school the next day. I thought I was just so cool. Now I hate to wear watches.

thieveland ohio

i obsessivly collect vinyl and rock linux like no ones business. I am also a member of the cleveland geocaching crew. i am have a degree in art history with a specialization in modern and post-modern art. so yeah i am a geek...did i mention that i make music on outdated video game system.

GNV / FL / USA
Decktonic wrote:
NO CARRIER wrote:

At the moment, I collect vinyl records

I meant, what type of records?