This is the first outcome from me recently started dabbling with gameboy assembly.
It's a simple gameboy program that draws pretty random patterns of a user defined size in an Etch A Sketch style.
Try it out! You can download it from here.

USA

I like it.

Thank you!

It doesn't seem to work properly with BGB game boy emulator, but it works fine with VisualBoyAdvance. I haven't tried using it with my DMG yet but I will put it on my flash-cart tonight.

I think you would really like this - http://freeroms.com/roms/gameboy_color/ … domain.htm - so check it out. Everyone is an artist lets you draw Etch-A-Sketch style with your Game Boy. Just be careful using it with the EMS 64m cart because it might mess up your LSDJ's save file. I haven't had this problem, my LSDJ's save file actually seems to override the Everyone is an artist's save file which seems kinda strange.

Good luck with your future projects - Thanks again!

Sweeeeeeden

Hint: Let the pixel walk out of the area. Instead of limiting the x/y positions to 0-7 as you seem to do now, and them by $07, and they'll wrap around. Next time you drop by #gbdev, I'll tell you how/why it works.

@nitro2k01 Hmm. I'll give it some thought. It's easy to implement so maybe I'll add it as an option.

Thanks for your feedback!

I made a few slight changes.

• It now wraps around patterns rather than bouncing in a random direction when reaching an edge. It just looks nicer.
    (thanks to nitro2k01 for suggesting this)

• Changed the setting name SPEED to DELAY which makes more sense.

• Removed the use of a .sav file. No need for that really.

Get latest version here

Slight update; now it even works on a real gameboy! tongue

Turku, FIN

I will use this tomorrow for some vj stuff smile

clovis CA

i used it on my dmg, great stuff man =]

KeFF wrote:

I will use this tomorrow for some vj stuff smile

Cool! I hope it turned out ok.

pr0n wrote:

i used it on my dmg, great stuff man =]

Thank you. smile