Westfield, NJ
NO CARRIER wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

At the moment, I collect vinyl records

I meant, what type of records?

Oh well, wish I had known that before I drunkenly detailed my depressing past.

The only type I'm committed to acquiring is house music, especially French house, especially the catalogue from Roule and Crydamoure (owned by each half of Daft Punk, respectively) as well as other stuff I can find by acts featured on these labels (so Buffalo Bunch, Paul Johnson, Romanthony, DJ Sneak, Archigram, etc). Then there's the new stuff like Ed Banger, ekler'o'shock and Boys Noize. Other than that, I like to find really rare and unusual stuff... a 7" from the 50s of a college a capella group, a record "page" that has to be played on top of another record and features an ad for a synthesizer, the 8-bit Construction Set... the list goes on.

Godzilladelph
NO CARRIER wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

I've had a record player for less than a year and I have at least 100 records now... the worst/best part of it all is that I seek out really rare stuff, stuff I have to import from Europe, stuff you can't find on Discogs, stuff that none of my friends have never heard of... wait, that last part is a lie, I said earlier that I have no friends.

SKGB & Decktonic - what kind of stuff do you guys collect?

same man, i love the rare european stuff and *cough* dubstep *cough* . not all the filthy grimey shit, but the clean variety, joker, zomby, hyperdub, etc.
classical is always good as well, for samples and just to chillout while circuit bending shit. i've also been in desperate need of more rubbadub aka some scratch perry and king tubby, and def more triphop, been searching for a minute now trying to find a massive attack album that won't eat all my coin.

Decktonic, do you follow Simian Mobile Disco? did u hear their new Delicacies record yet?

Last edited by SKGB (Aug 8, 2010 6:48 pm)

Westfield, NJ
SKGB wrote:

Decktonic, do you follow Simian Mobile Disco?

Yes.

did u hear their new Delicacies record yet?

I think I did hear one of the songs already, but now I need to go find out more.

Turku, FIN
scienceguy8 wrote:
KeFF wrote:

Star Wars and videogames

Really?  Given your current avatar, I would have figured you for a major Monty Python nut.

Yeah well.. I like them of course, but i'm not "nut"

Especially Terry Gilliams stuff are amazing

Godzilladelph
Decktonic wrote:
SKGB wrote:

Decktonic, do you follow Simian Mobile Disco?

Yes.

did u hear their new Delicacies record yet?

I think I did hear one of the songs already, but now I need to go find out more.

i got the record the other night aspic on the a side and nerve salad on the b side . very minimal/dark techno, good stuff if you're in to that sort of thing. also apparently they're naming all their new songs after rare exotic dishes.

Wellington, NZ
Zen Albatross wrote:

I have an unhealthy fascination with Carl Sagan, airships and things with gears in them.

I fully agree, I named my band after Carl Sagan...

So down with the Sagan love going on.

San Luis Obispo, CA

I'm a bit of a music nerd, too and have been buying records since I was 15:

The rest of my collection is boxed up in storage.

Additional music nerd fact: I've never bought music from a digital download store (iTunes, Amazon, etc), in spite of working for a company that directly deals in the matter.

Aside from music, I am a nerd about burritos, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The X-Files, and cute animals.

NSW, Australia

yous all disgust me

Rice Lake, WI

Zombie movies of any sort, no matter how bad and skateboarding, mainly 80's early 90's, I have so many skate vids on good ol vhs that I still watch religiously before I go skate, Old Plan B videos FTW!

Tacoma WA

wait...   vinyl is nerdy?

oh shit....  i have like 900 records

Westfield, NJ
Crystal Labs wrote:

Stand these up straight, they might bend.

Corpus Christi, Texas

I don't really equate listening to chiptune as nerdy, just weird

Actual nerdy things:
I post on internet forums
I devoted two years of my life to academic decathlon
I hate opening dictionaries because i will just end up reading them

brighton, uk

80s horror, sci fi, online mmorpgs, amigas,chipmusic.
Not to mention i'm a lo-fi audiophile.

I love being a nerde.

Decktonic wrote:

especially French house.

Last edited by CMDR (Aug 10, 2010 4:36 am)

Westfield, NJ
CMDR wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

especially French house.

heart

brighton, uk

FLYIN MIGHTY PULLING A WHITEY