Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hello,

I recently decided to stop this project, as the team work process didn't work out - and i realised it wouldn't see the daylight until 2012 atleast.
The artwork has been lying around 1.5 years now - so here it is wink

The music is also still a preview, done by Hein Holt.
Download the SID here: http://www.sinapism.net/demos/c64/focus … nts_pv.sid

Storyboard (intro - sketches)

Last edited by Sander von Focus (Aug 7, 2010 6:36 pm)

Philly/NY

Truly beautiful, just oozing with style. One of the best utilizations of the C64 palette I've ever seen. I really really enjoy the title design as well. Shame the project stopped...

Last edited by enso (Aug 7, 2010 6:43 pm)

Anaheim, California

Very good for it being unfinished.  The graphics were definitely my favorite part as they seemed a little different from the C64 pixel art I see.  They were refreshing. smile

Sweeeeeeden

I hate to be the party-pooper, but... The palettes are correct, but I think some of the animation would be impossible to achieve.

nitro2k01 wrote:

I hate to be the party-pooper, but... The palettes are correct, but I think some of the animation would be impossible to achieve.

Np, good point - i heard that before. But i had this storyboard signed off by the programmers - they were able to do it, some minor adaptions here and there ofcourse. And yes - they are quite good smile

Thanks Enso & Russolo! heart

Awh, this had so much potential. It sadens me to see demos that never get to see the light of day. I hope you are still working on some Sander!

New York City
nitro2k01 wrote:

Uhm, this is just a "proof of concept", or rather, an animatic, where Sander is giving the artistic direction to the concept he created in an easy, edible form for the coders to know where they are going exactly without lots of trial and error. If you have a big picture like this where you can see how everything fits, it is much easier to lay out the routines. Sander is an excellent art director (should get a Scene.org award smile). The actual implementation would of course be modified depending on restrictions of the hardware but the essence is to be kept.

Then again, "impossible to achieve" is something I wouldn't dare say around the C64 demo scene.

GNV / FL / USA
enso wrote:

Truly beautiful, just oozing with style. One of the best utilizations of the C64 palette I've ever seen. I really really enjoy the title design as well. Shame the project stopped...

I have to agree here 100%. Simply amazing.

Last edited by NO CARRIER (Aug 9, 2010 4:41 pm)

Thanks guys heart

Philly, PA, USA

wow, really awesome looking, would've loved to see it full length..

BKLYN

so rad

Brooklyn, NY

Outstanding! Please continue working on it.

Sweden

Mega style!

England

hein holt is one of my fav modern sid musicians!

GNV / FL / USA

I keep coming back to this thread to look at that art. What the fuck, man. Shit is amazing.