Toronto, Ontario, Canada

So, anyone get a chance to play it yet?  What do you folks think?

Obviously, I think the art design is incredible (done by Paul Robertson of Kings of Power 4 Billion % fame) and the music (some group called "Anamanaguchi", weird eh?) is great, too.

As someone from Toronto, I think this is the best game set in this city, bar none.  Love all the weird little references to the city, too.

Seriously though, as a game It's lacking in some things but for the price tag it's a lot of fun and totally worth shelling out.

Sweden

Downloaded it yesterday and it's really fun. It captures a lot from the comics in it's own way.

Turku, FIN

Played the demo yesterday. Just as amazing that i thought. Gameplay seemed kinda slow at first though

San Luis Obispo, CA

Really fun so far. Just passed Lucas Lee.

I'm wondering how No Carrier feels about the use of GlitchNES aesthetics in the game, during the teleport areas.

Bristol

Spent a good 3 hours bashing this with my band-mates and girlfriend last night, great stuff.. love the art and the graphics.. it helps i loved the comics too... does feel like a grind in places and I don't like that guest characters lose their exp when you leave the game.. thats lame...

Last edited by liquidcalm (Aug 12, 2010 9:00 am)

Plano, TX

I don't like Scott Pilgrim, but I will download/buy the soundtrack if/when it's made available.

Unsubscribe
Crystal Labs wrote:

Really fun so far. Just passed Lucas Lee.

I'm wondering how No Carrier feels about the use of GlitchNES aesthetics in the game, during the teleport areas.

Well he didnt invent glithing so he probably thins its rad!

Westfield, NJ
Crystal Labs wrote:

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

I'm probably gonna download this shit today.

I didn't know the game was set in Toronto... but of course it is.

I imagine this game will be really fun with friends & drinking.

New York City

I would like to try how it plays, shame I have no PS3 or Xbox.
How come there's no port for PSP at least?

Anyway, I am a bit tired of Paul Robertson already, it's good but it's the same thing over and over again, but kudos for pulling such a 2D romp in this day and age.

Westfield, NJ
akira^8GB wrote:

Anyway, I am a bit tired of Paul Robertson already, it's good but it's the same thing over and over again

If you want to make money as an artist this is pretty much the only way to do it... find a style that people will pay money for and keep selling that style  'til you die. The music industry isn't very different.

Unsubscribe
akira^8GB wrote:

Because it's a huge commercial failure.

Westfield, NJ
herr_prof wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I hope there's a DSiWare version... anything on the DSi or the Wii so I can play this.

San Luis Obispo, CA
herr_prof wrote:

Well he didnt invent glithing so he probably thins its rad!

Oh, the shame! Nothing like making an idiot of yourself on the internet. I even got the Picard facepalm. Damn.

I always thought that No Carrier invented glitchy graphics at the same time he invented the Nintendo Entertainment System.

What I meant to say is that there are very specific elements used in the Scott Pilgrim game (during the Subspace Highway areas) and books (on the rear cover of Vol. 5) that are very similar to elements from the default Glitchnes ROM. Doesn't really matter, just thought it to be interesting. I doubt that many people would notice.

Milwaukee, WI

It's a blast!  Fun game and great soundtrack.

Philly
Decktonic wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I hope there's a DSiWare version... anything on the DSi or the Wii so I can play this.

You and me both