Scott Pilgrim game releases for Not DS today

O’Malley posted a tweet last night notifying fans on when they’ll see the game for the DS and other systems:

“Never. Stop asking. I want you to suffer.”

...But, you'd think they would have ported it to DS, it being a 2d beat-em up

Wellington, New Zealand
Ro-Bear wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

I hope there's a DSiWare version... anything on the DSi or the Wii so I can play this.

You and me both

Same here. I want a wiiware version. I'm stuck playing toribash on wiiware waiting for something good to come out.

Bristol

I see a lot of crying that there is no online co-op, to those people I say, get 4 people in a room, then tell me that is not far more fun... Also, damn I'm not used to the games, I positively suck and constantly die..

Melbourne, Australia

Couldn't help myself. Took the day off to play this on release, was fucking awesome. Love the leveling element to the Beat Em' Up style gameplay with XP etc.

Music : Awesome
GFX : Awesome
Gameplay : Awesome (I liked the difficulty curve. You really got punished early on)

No doubt in my mind this is my favourite PSN title of all time.

Washington DC
Battle Lava wrote:

Scott Pilgrim game releases for Not DS today

O’Malley posted a tweet last night notifying fans on when they’ll see the game for the DS and other systems:

“Never. Stop asking. I want you to suffer.”

...But, you'd think they would have ported it to DS, it being a 2d beat-em up

2d doesn't automatically = small enough file size for a DS game.

I mean have you seen it? That shit looks crisp as fuck. It would look like garbage on the DS, honesty.

Wilmington,NC

I want this, even if it makes me look like a bandwagoneer. Come on Xbox version... come on.

Brazil

Gonna tell my friend to download it for his ps3. Seems a lot of fun to play with friends and beers.

Turku, FIN

3 first stages through now and i have to say that it is not an easy game even on the easiest difficulty setting. I love that.

Montgomery, AL

I never had such a gaming rush when a friend and I were playing on the Hardest difficulty and we kicked Todd's vegan teeth in.  The *K-O!!!* that followed were like victory bells to our ears.

Lawrenceville, GA
Dauragon wrote:

I mean have you seen it? That shit looks crisp as fuck. It would look like garbage on the DS, honesty.

but come on, at least make your not-high-res pixellated game for wiiware.  reach the largest amount of people that way (people like me, who only have a wii and regret it a lot).

Westfield, NJ
RushJet1 wrote:
Dauragon wrote:

but come on, at least make your not-high-res pixellated game for wiiware.  reach the largest amount of people that way (people like me, who only have a wii and regret it a lot).

I only have a Wii and a DS and I don't regret it one bit. I have great games for both systems, and enough multiplayer games for when my friends come over. I don't really care that I'll miss out on this game, it's just a game. If anything, Ubisoft missed out on some serious profit potential.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

being a nube to this game... i just looked it up.. looks like a lot of fun...

i'm wondering if it could be ported to a stand alone processor w/ RGB output (without going to mame)... i'd love to stick it in
my 4 player Jamma cab and rock it traditional arcade style. smile

Minneapolis
Crystal Labs wrote:

Really fun so far. Just passed Lucas Lee.

I'm wondering how No Carrier feels about the use of GlitchNES aesthetics in the game, during the teleport areas.

Well, his code and graphics are both GPL, which allows for free use and exploitation as long as it's credited back to the original author and the source is given. If he wanted to push it, and could prove they used his stuff, he could force them to remove it or open the source of the game. And put his name in the credits.

brooklyn!
low-gain wrote:

i'm wondering if it could be ported to a stand alone processor w/ RGB output (without going to mame)... i'd love to stick it in

wait this sounds like the SHIT. playing this on a cab sounds like the perfect way to experience the game!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
likeluke wrote:
low-gain wrote:

wait this sounds like the SHIT. playing this on a cab sounds like the perfect way to experience the game!!

exactly! smile So excuse my ignorance.. is this a pc based game? or... what's the deal w/ it?

Washington DC
RushJet1 wrote:
Dauragon wrote:

Sure, but I'd imagine they probably made a very conscious (and very budgeted) decision to just made the PS3/Xbox versions. It's not like they could just flip a switch on the graphics and toss it out there. Shit takes time and money, and as far as the digital download space goes, putting stuff out on PS3 and XBOX is a way safer bet since they both have bustling online marketplaces, which Nintendo does not (for the time being). Generally stuff just doesn't sell on wiiware unless it's castlevania or the bit trip games. Or Tetris.

I mean, in my perfect world every third party game would come out on every system ever, but realistically you gotta triage that shit.

Last edited by Dauragon (Aug 16, 2010 7:47 pm)