Hi all,
     I recently found an old r/f tv in my basement, cables and all.  Powered on perfectly, but I remembered I don't have any cables to power my old NES.  Now that the Munchausen cartridge is in the works, and development seems to be coming along I was hoping to grab some cables for my NES in preparation for its release.  Does anyone have a spare R/F adapter and/or power adapter that they'd be willing to give up?

Wilmington,NC

I think I have an RF. I'll look around a bit.

If this is a US front-loading NES, you can use a variety of power supplies. 9V or 10V with either polarity (or even AC) is fine, and at least 800 mA or so.

rochester, ny

there's got to be a game store near you that'd have an NES power adapter.

clovis CA

i have an extra

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/happyhou … ch_NES_003

yea?

[email protected]

Last edited by Alley Beach (Aug 23, 2010 4:26 am)

perfect thanks dude. I'll email you in the morning.
You don't have the power adapter do you?

nickmaynard wrote:

there's got to be a game store near you that'd have an NES power adapter.

Unfortunately I only have a Gamestop near me, and they don't have one sad

clovis CA
*E wrote:

perfect thanks dude. I'll email you in the morning.
You don't have the power adapter do you?

no man, i dont, i got my first and only NES from a yard sale from some old people, and gave them 5 for it cause i was sooo syked for it, then come to realize, it only had the RF connector, so im using a variable power adapter haha, does the SNES one work for the NES?

blargg wrote:

If this is a US front-loading NES, you can use a variety of power supplies. 9V or 10V with either polarity (or even AC) is fine, and at least 800 mA or so.

Do you think this would work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/AC-Converter-Adapte … ltDomain_0

*E, the end connector looks too small on that one. Measuring an adaptor that works in my US and PAL NES consoles, it's about 5.0 mm OD/2.9 mm ID. I believe a 5.0/2.5 would work as well. I'm not very experienced with these sizes though, so someone else might have a better idea of the allowable connector sizes. Voltage and current-wise, that one would have been fine.

blargg wrote:

*E, the end connector looks too small on that one. Measuring an adaptor that works in my US and PAL NES consoles, it's about 5.0 mm OD/2.9 mm ID. I believe a 5.0/2.5 would work as well. I'm not very experienced with these sizes though, so someone else might have a better idea of the allowable connector sizes. Voltage and current-wise, that one would have been fine.

Ok thanks Blargg!