Minneapolis

Okie dokie, it's about time for me to round up a few good members who will be doing beta testing for the Munchausen project! You'll have to pay for your cartridge and cable, but you'll be the first to get one, you'll be giving valuable feedback to the project, and you'll be publicly credited upon release in the documentation.

There will be only 5 to 10 beta cartridges made. They will have professional labels etc. and will not look like the Frankenstein-monster prototypes that Blargg and I have been working on. The cost will be $50 plus shipping to your part of the world. If you send in a donor cartridge of the correct type you will be given a $10 discount. Also note at this time that I'll only be able to provide NTSC donors, so if you need a PAL region cartridge you should either not participate in the beta program or be willing to send a PAL donor cartridge or region mod your NES. (which is very very simple to do)

If you'd like to be in the beta program, please post here with your NES experience, your proficiency with programming (if any) and any other reasons you think you'd be a good beta program candidate. A number of users will be selected and notified by PM when the beta is ready to begin.

Also, if you have no idea what this Munchausen cartridge is, please refer to this massive thread:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2004/ … all-demos/

EDIT: Someone asked for donor cartridge lists, so here are some for your consideration:

Most-likely eligible NES games

Most-likely eligible PAL games

Last edited by arfink (Aug 23, 2010 6:13 pm)

Let us rejoice!

Check marked.

birmingham

Definitely up for this - it'll give me an incentive to carry on learning to code for NES too... I'm in big_smile

USA

If I had extra cash I would be down. Sorry, I'm already too stressed out this month about just paying rent and buying groceries. Such is life.

Minneapolis
SurfaceDragon wrote:

If I had extra cash I would be down. Sorry, I'm already too stressed out this month about just paying rent and buying groceries. Such is life.

Not a problem. The beta won't start for another week or two at the very earliest. This is just to get some names.

rochester, ny

i would be interested in doing anything i could to help out with this. i know absolutely nothing about programming or nes code or any of that though. so i dont know how helpful i'd be. if you'd still like me too, i'm down!

Melbourne, Australia

I'd like to do beta testing.
Programming experience is c/c++/assembly/others on pc, and c on atmega. I haven't done any nes programming before but I would like to start.

Also linux experience for testing the pc side of things.

Last edited by TmTgr (Aug 24, 2010 6:01 am)

matt's mind

interested, communicated with, ready and waiting!

(already talked about skills/etc)

Minneapolis

Thanks very much guys! Unless more people suddenly show up and are interested, you'll be the beta crew! Stay tuned for updates in the next two weeks or so.

Minneapolis

Alrighty, beta now officially closed! You lucky dogs you! It has also been determined that these beta carts will be special edition models, which means they will look amazing and you will be envied. White and gold, with numbered special edition beta labels.

USA

I just got back from a job interview at the American Airlines Arena a few minuets ago. It went well so I should be getting the job, fingers crossed. I was interviewed to be a Suite Runner getting food and beverages for the VIP guests in the VIP-Guest-Suites. The basketball team that plays at that arena the Miami Heat just got LeBron James so I should be making awesome tips if I get the job. I hope I get the job, I want it so bad.

Minneapolis

Sounds cool, I have reserved you a spot in the program as I promised.
EDIT: I should also say, congrats on the interview!

Last edited by arfink (Aug 24, 2010 9:16 pm)

USA

Thanks, If I don't get the job I'm sure someone in my family will lend me $50 for this project.

Minneapolis
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Thanks, If I don't get the job I'm sure someone in my family will lend me $50 for this project.

Hey, if you can't pay, don't sweat it man! I'm sure something can be worked out if that's not possible. Anyway, this thread won't have too much more posted in it, since we're moving to PM and email for communications for the beta.

Im not gonna put my name down myself but if you want a PAL user with experience making carts out of donors then im all yours.

Philly, PA, USA
arfink wrote:
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Hey, if you can't pay, don't sweat it man! I'm sure something can be worked out if that's not possible. Anyway, this thread won't have too much more posted in it, since we're moving to PM and email for communications for the beta.

Hey, if you can't pay, don't sweat it man! They'll just cut you off at the knees and take the cart back. Anyway, they have ways of finding you, so make sure you have the means.