Westfield, NJ
Dauragon wrote:

Generally stuff just doesn't sell on wiiware unless it's castlevania or the bit trip games. Or Tetris.

This is a total myth, and it's sad that the games industry really thinks this. The truth of the matter is that most Wiiware games are garbage, and they don't sell well because they are garbage, not because they are on Wiiware. The good games have seen strong sales on Wiiware... World of Goo, Megaman 9 & 10, Lost Winds, etc. These are all 3rd party games too. It's a great service for those companies that are willing to give it an honest effort and market their games properly.

Last edited by Decktonic (Aug 16, 2010 8:18 pm)

Minneapolis
low-gain wrote:
likeluke wrote:

wait this sounds like the SHIT. playing this on a cab sounds like the perfect way to experience the game!!

exactly! smile So excuse my ignorance.. is this a pc based game? or... what's the deal w/ it?

I'm pretty sure it's just Xbox 360 and PS3. Which is garbage, because if it can run on those it can run on PC. >:(

Washington DC

ITS OUT ON 360 Y'all.

Also: I love the way the music transitions in the game. That shit is fantastic.

Also: DAMN this game is BRUTAL

Bristol

also the soundtrack is oooout... Though I can't find it on any d/l stores in the uk, boo, boo i say to that...

Washington DC

I've also discovered that using the Street Fighter 4 fight pad is the optimal way to play this game on the 360.

California

Been playing off and on. I wait till my bro in law comes over so we can co op. It is worth the wait. I think this game is about ten times funner with another person and some SNACKS.

Hudson, MA

Playing this game through once when powerleveling Scott to full stats and his special tech 2 on a ps3 controller was fun...  but seriously, nothing compares to putting it on a decently large CRT and playing the game again on an arcade stick.  All I needed was random arcade machine noise in the background and I was a kid in an arcade again.  Going to get some friends to swing by and bring their sticks for the full effect.

Tacoma WA
arfink wrote:
low-gain wrote:

exactly! smile So excuse my ignorance.. is this a pc based game? or... what's the deal w/ it?

I'm pretty sure it's just Xbox 360 and PS3. Which is garbage, because if it can run on those it can run on PC. >:(

can't torrent it either which is the benefit of it being on a closed platform like that wink

Wellington, New Zealand
Decktonic wrote:
Dauragon wrote:

Generally stuff just doesn't sell on wiiware unless it's castlevania or the bit trip games. Or Tetris.

This is a total myth, and it's sad that the games industry really thinks this. The truth of the matter is that most Wiiware games are garbage, and they don't sell well because they are garbage, not because they are on Wiiware. The good games have seen strong sales on Wiiware... World of Goo, Megaman 9 & 10, Lost Winds, etc. These are all 3rd party games too. It's a great service for those companies that are willing to give it an honest effort and market their games properly.

I got toribash for wiiware and it is so addicting! You should get it.
Theres a bunch of fun games for wiiware like excitebike and stuff.