Alright, I've browsed around, done Google searches and various other things, but there is no clear opinion, so I'm posting a new thread.

As of right now, what is the best option for acquiring LSDJ on a cartridge for my GameBoy?

BK

first off, go to littlesounddj.com and pay for the ROM. johan will give you a license and access to all versions past and present.
try it out for a bit in an emulator first. if you like it, then buy a cart. nonelectronics.com and kitsch-bent.com should both be great places to pick one up.  let them know your lsdj license info when you buy it and they'll preflash the cart with whatever version you tell them to (might as well use the latest one)

Melbourne, Australia

Well, you'll want to head over to the LSDJ website and pay for the ROM. Once you have the rom there are several options. EMS 32m cart with a transferer of some sort, the various Bleep Bloop carts, the EMS 64m USB carts (my personal choice)... the list goes on.

If you want a short answer, I personally would go for the 64m EMS USB cart. It's cheap and cheerful. It has a built in transferer with 2 'pages' for ROMs. You can only have one save on the cart though. A common use for me is to have LSDJ on one page and pounder (live sample triggering) on the other as it does not require a save. To switch between the pages just toggle the power of the GB and the roms will alternate between the two (as you power cycle each time).

Hope this helps. I know there is a massive write up somewhere with all your options but I couldn't find it through a search.

Awesome, yeah I already bought the cart and have been messing around with it. I will look into all those options. Thanks so much gents!

Chicago IL

what you'll want to do is go to the lsdj site and buy a copy of the rom, then get it onto some form of flash cart

Melbourne, Australia

Wow... Did anyone else notice that this thread has been 100% helpful advice and not once did anyone flame the newbie?

Is this judgement day or something?

Chicago IL
celsius wrote:

Wow... Did anyone else notice that this thread has been 100% helpful advice and not once did anyone flame the newbie?

to be fair i wasn't trying to be helpful

hardcore, Australia

Go to google, type in "fl studio torrent"...

Melbourne, Australia
Saskrotch wrote:
celsius wrote:

to be fair i wasn't trying to be helpful

You're bringin' me down man! Quit brinin' me down!

Chicago IL

NEVER

I'm a little insulted by the very existence of this thread.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/458/buying-lsdj/

Melbourne, Australia

That's the one! Thanks Beware big_smile

San Francisco

close dis.

Melbourne, Australia

Yeah, good call. I think this thread has run it's course.

closed.