Tacoma WA

Friday, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Wolfman Theatre
8-Bit Soundwaves: A Look into the World of Chiptune Music

The chiptune phenomenon has exploded throughout the gamer scene! Chiptune (or 8-Bit) music has been rising in popularity since it first took shape in video games and computer programs of decades past. But chiptune isn't just background music! More and more artists today are creating intricate and original musical compositions using retro gaming consoles as instruments. Find out where the method came from, where it's going, and how artists such as Anamanaguchi, KGHB, and Fighter X are utilizing it to create unique 8-bit hits. Presented by CrunchyCo.com

Panelists include: Celene Ramadan [Musician, Leeni], Jack Waterman [Musician, Fighter X], Aaron Campion [Co-Owner/Musician, CrunchyCo/KGHB], Peter Berkman [Musician, Anamanaguchi], Gabe Hayward [Co-Owner/Musician, CrunchyCo/KGHB], Chris Lehfeldt [Musician, Infradead]

please list generalizations i can use to misrepresent in various humorous and played out ways.

i already have mario at a rave, and circuit bending the chips to sample the sounds to make music.

tongue

You can inform the public that the panel doesn't represent the factual events held in both popular and underground chipmusic and that most people should just keep ignoring it. Also, most chip composers like chipmusic more than chiptune.

That is all.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Low-Gain is the shit!

BK

At a chiptune show, you can hear all of your favorite videogame themes and rock out to them. But, you know, it's ok, because they "mix them in a DJ".
Source material:

hardcore, Australia

Whalecore is the most brutalest and extreme version of chipmusic, played exclusively by whales on game boys.

hardcore, Australia

Just blast them with a half hour nanovoice jam.

IL, US

tell them that i love vodka, bacon, video games & all rooster teeth/ red vs blue related shit (bonus points if you get your picture taken with any of the rooster teeth staff and/or get mentioned on their podcast)..and that none of that has very much to do with music

New York City
Heosphoros wrote:

You can inform the public that the panel doesn't represent the factual events held in both popular and underground chipmusic and that most people should just keep ignoring it. Also, most chip composers like chipmusic more than chiptune.

http://tinyurl.com/2fdhbyv

Unsubscribe

Tell them why you like making this shit, and dont worry too much about the in-jokes.

Tacoma WA

panel was a blast.

i was sitting next to pete from anamanaguchi.  that guy is seriously funny.

i wish i sat next to him in grade school.

BOSTON8BIT, MA

Did Zen Albatross Josh have his presentation handy for that one? It's really accessible and I think people got a lot out of it at PAX East.

PDX, PDX
infradead wrote:

panel was a blast.

i was sitting next to pete from anamanaguchi.  that guy is seriously funny.

i wish i sat next to him in grade school.

For reals.  Ary needed to change a string at the Portland show and Pete and Luke did a fantasic job keeping everyone entertained.  "Y'all ready to be polite in this bi-otch??!?"

Tacoma WA
Active Knowledge wrote:

Did Zen Albatross Josh have his presentation handy for that one? It's really accessible and I think people got a lot out of it at PAX East.

gabe from kids get hit by buses had a presentation.

josh missed his flight and the panel.  i went and picked him up at the airport that day at 2.