Brooklyn, NY

We think Kris Keyser deserves a gold star for waiting patiently in the wings for us to get our act together. After months of shows and preparation, we’re proud to announce Kris Keyser’s “Staring into Squares” as the latest addition to the Cheese’N’Beer family. Check out the *pow* amazing artwork by Chromix!

Pay what you wish and stream “Staring into Squares” at Bandcamp!

“Staring Into Squares” Tracklisting:

01 - Infinite Saturday
02 - So I Slept In
03 - Radionecrosis
04 - Workend
05 - Rockem Sockem

Kris Keyser is just another guy with a Game Boy. Having hopped from instrument to instrument in his over 10 years of music making, Kris has finally found his perfect match in the portable powerhouse known as Little Sound DJ.  In his relatively short time in the chip scene, Kris has jumped from relative unknown to relative known, playing chipscene institutions I/O and Pulsewave and making countless feet move and brains melt.

An amalgamation of fun and ferocity, Staring Into Squares is Kris Keyser’s first official release as a chip musician.   From the uninhibited joy of “Infinite Saturday (Long Weekend Mix)” to the full-on fist-pumping fury of “Radionecrosis”, the five tracks that comprise the release are guaranteed to put a smile on your face and some fire in your heart.

Geneva, NY

heart

NYC

SO GOOD

New York, NY

Hooray! Have been anticipating this for some time. Really an excellent album. Congrats Kris and CNB!

This is so awesome!!!!!! Great work, Kris! big_smile

Brooklyn, NY

This album is excellent!

Bronx, NY

I'm honored to have had some role in sharing this with y'all. Kris Keyser !!

Brooklon

YESYESYESYESYESYES!

Bronx, NY

The composition and sound design here is very nice. The range from happy (Infinite Saturday, Rockem Sockem) to more intense (Radionecrosis) is perfectly paced. Really excited!

BOSTON

heart heart heart heart

GO KRIS!!!!

Boulder, CO

Completely not surprised by how awesome this release is. #cnbftw.

Philly, PA, USA
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

NJ

FUCK YEAH

Bronx, NY
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

BK

thanks everyone smile so glad my first release has been so well recieved. i'll keep the tracks coming!

NY, US

Equal parts whimsy and razor-sharp songcraft, Kris Keyser's "Staring Into Squares" is a collection of dreamy, echo-y arpeggios and satisfyingly dense chord progressions. An ingenious mix of sound effects as punctuation in "So I Slept In" and "Radio Necrosis" blast you into the ionosphere, keeping that fist pumping and head bobbing until the morose melodies of "Rockem Sockem" bring you back down to tierra firma.