Westfield, NJ
10k wrote:

If you're actually an alright DJ, you could probably bluff your way into an agency.

OK so now I just have to know, what is an agency? I've never heard of these.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Decktonic wrote:
10k wrote:

If you're actually an alright DJ, you could probably bluff your way into an agency.

OK so now I just have to know, what is an agency? I've never heard of these.

A company with multiple agents that represents talent...

Westfield, NJ

In other news, if anyone here knows an agent or agency in Philly / NYC / central NJ that I should contact, let me know. Still not able to find stuff via the Internet sad

10k wrote:

If anyone cares at all about how I operate, or how to get shows in Australia this is how... I am tight with a few venue bookers (mainly warehouses) a few events directors and a few genre-savvy promoters in the cities I tend to play in. That way, I can literally say "hey, I am keen to play somewhere around this date, what can we do?" and something tends to happen.

This is how I get any non-Toy Company show in MTL, except I am not even tight with venue bookers- I just approach them.

If you wanna play in MTL you make friends with the TC crew though, 'cause they're the best right now for a chip music show.

But, hey, Decktonic, I have a buddy who makes a living completely off of dj'ing.  Know how he started?  Doing one free gig after another until shit fell together.  At first, you really shouldn't need an agency to book shows.  I wouldn't ever contact an agency unless I was gonna tour another country, or something in that respect... but maybe that's just me.  Of course, I'm not a DJ, so that comes into play also...

Westfield, NJ
Battle Lava wrote:

But, hey, Decktonic, I have a buddy who makes a living completely off of dj'ing.  Know how he started?  Doing one free gig after another until shit fell together.

Yeah I hear that and I'm willing to do that, I just need to know who and where, you know what I mean? I live in Lametown, NJ and I would like gigs in NYC or Philly but those are packed places and I am having trouble figuring out how to start.

Liverpool, UK
Battle Lava wrote:

But, hey, Decktonic, I have a buddy who makes a living completely off of dj'ing.  Know how he started?  Doing one free gig after another until shit fell together.

Nice try, crappy promoter man.