Brazil

Well, I'll be straight:
I'm willing to write a book in my native language about chipmusic, it's history and etc. I'm a journalist and I want to have something written about it from someone who's at least inside of it.

My question is what you guys think about it and would you help me?
I'll probably try to contact some key people and question some stuff.

Thanks in advance, everyone

The Bronx

May I design it?

umm ok... did you just decide this one day?  Have you accumulated references... research... where are you going with this?

ad-hell-aide

cool idea.

Brazil
Battle Lava wrote:

umm ok... did you just decide this one day?  Have you accumulated references... research... where are you going with this?

Of course not. I have this idea since last year where I wrote a book about São Paulo's punk scene. I have some reference, but that's the work of a journalist to research and stuff.
I'm not going too far with this, I want to "spread the word", just that. Might sound weird, also it'll probably take a year or two to be done (how can I write a book without going to at least Blip Festival? Or even speaking face to face with people?) but it's mostly a goal for my life and I'm gonna pursuit.

And of course minusbaby can design it!

Abandoned on Fire
minusbaby wrote:

May I design it?

Say yes.

AANABAY01

cool stuff sonicbeans

for research purposes i'd say getting yourself to a demoparty would be every bit as important as getting yourself to a blipfest \o/ the friendly competition that springs from wanting to get better at music drives a lot of people - it's not just musicians focusing on writing and performing live sets. if ze book found time to mention demo, battleofthebits and one hour challenges it'd show a more accurate depiction of chip at large smile

uhajdafdfdfa

Yep if you can get good research of the whole chipmusic scene it will be a fantastic book (I don't speak Portuguese, though! yikes ). big_smile

Melbourne, Australia
Battle Lava wrote:

Haters always gunna hate.

Anyway sounds like a cool idea smile

Bristol

go for it! If it is anything as good as reformat the planet, and written well enough, it can only do the scene justice. Plus don't forget to include tons of pixel art...

TmTgr wrote:
Battle Lava wrote:

Haters always gunna hate.

Anyway sounds like a cool idea smile

I'm not hating.  Just look at the first post.  Barely anything is said or explained.  That's all.

I guess I'm skeptical.  Sorry!  I shouldn't be negative.

Btw, I would buy a good book on chip music in a second.

Last edited by Battle Lava (Sep 11, 2010 3:25 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

You'll have a better chance of publication if you did it in English wink it would make a kick ass coffee table book.

Well, it's certainly a good idea. It all depends on the execution. Good luck!

Anahiem, CA

I hope there is an English translation. I know I would purchase in a heartbeat.

England

its a shame because it being in Portuguese would severely restrict the readership, your english seems very good and if your serious about this i'm sure people would be willing to help proof read.

Last edited by Jellica (Sep 11, 2010 5:08 pm)

This sounds really cool, Kurt. Let me know if I can help out in any way. I also think that you should do it in English as you would be expanding your reader base and chances of getting published.