Yuma, AZ

Ok so here's a question that I can't tackle without some else's expertise.
If I am running a tracker on the NES and on a DMG... is there a way to sync them? In a similar manner to the master/slave roles between gameboys via lsdj?
Thank you in advance.

-a

rochester, ny

not currently.

but you could use something like midi nes and an arduinoboy to control both the NES and the DMG via midi.

then you'd get the sounds of both instruments together and in sync.

Last edited by nickmaynard (Sep 10, 2010 7:18 pm)

Yuma, AZ

this is true... and would certainly be a handy deal! Thanks!
Should anyone come across a way to sync start/stop the two that would be incredible!! lol

rochester, ny
theAutomaton wrote:

this is true... and would certainly be a handy deal! Thanks!
Should anyone come across a way to sync start/stop the two that would be incredible!! lol

i could not agree more.

WOW MAN!

Someone put out the Bat Signal for Batsly Adams.....

smile

Yuma, AZ

man i cant stop wishing for this... lol

Unsubscribe

that being said, trackers are VERY TIGHT sync wise. so maybe just get good at dj style beat matching? big_smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
herr_prof wrote:

that being said, trackers are VERY TIGHT sync wise. so maybe just get good at dj style beat matching? big_smile

Yeah, I find this to be the easiest way of doing things.  I do this a lot when syncing LSDJ with things.

I've never really done it but you can make it easy on yourself by making a "syncing" chain that has a hit on every beat and a "blank" chain that has empty phrases that you then switch to after you've gotten it matched up with the "syncing" chain.  That way you can sync it up before you start playing and it'll stay in sync when you want to switch to a real chain.

Yuma, AZ
jefftheworld wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Yeah, I find this to be the easiest way of doing things.  I do this a lot when syncing LSDJ with things.

I've never really done it but you can make it easy on yourself by making a "syncing" chain that has a hit on every beat and a "blank" chain that has empty phrases that you then switch to after you've gotten it matched up with the "syncing" chain.  That way you can sync it up before you start playing and it'll stay in sync when you want to switch to a real chain.

o0o0o.... i hadn't thought of that.
(Trying now)

Brooklyn, NY

Sorry I've been sort of missing lately - things got busy and my setup was (partially) destroyed by a leaky ceiling. My whole workbench was covered in water - thankfully my scope was out of harms way. Otherwise I'm out an NES / multimeter / arduino - good thing I had two of all those things. I'll get back on the saddle this weekend.

Otherwise here is an old video of sync working - seemed to fall out of time when we did the intermediate speeds but otherwise worked perfectly.

Want to team up again sometime soon Neil?

WOW MAN!
Batsly Adams wrote:

Want to team up again sometime soon Neil?

Does the pope shit in the woods?

smile