York, Yorkshire

OK, so the MSSIAH and C64 are a bit sluggish when it comes to processing CC information, if you send alot of CC in a packet (like loading a preset from a MIDI control panel), then it doesn't receive all the information.

I built a nice MIDI control panel for Cubase SX but as yet I can't use the presets because of the above issue.

http://www.rebornonline.com/blog/2009/0 … e-sx3.html

I think this could be solved if there were some way to capture and delay the CC information, perhaps using some software loopback.

Anyone got any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks smile

Unsubscribe

Maybe you can use the pdc feature in cubase to inch the midi seqeunce the amount of samples it is delayed?

York, Yorkshire

I don't think that will work (if I understand correctly).  The problem is that when you load a preset, it dumps all of the relavant CC information in one go.  I need a way to slow that down sad

Last edited by BitPop (Jan 14, 2010 4:41 pm)

New York City

Why don't you filter the CC you don't need?
I don't think I get you correctly. Every time you update a CC value LOTS of CC values are sent? If so, you have done the control panel wrong.

York, Yorkshire

You can save presets in the MIDI panel, this is built in functionality from Cubase.  When you load the preset back in, it transmits all of the relevant MIDI CC for that preset. 

i.e. filter = 10, cutoff =15, attach, delay, etc etc

It only receives some of the information as MSSIAH can't process the CC fast enough.  When moving multiple controllers manually everything is fine, it's just the big dump when loading a preset.

Hope that makes more sense!

Last edited by BitPop (Jan 14, 2010 5:25 pm)

New York City

Oh yeah, it makes a lot more sense.
I don't think there's a solution for that, it's probably a fault of MSSIAH!

York, Yorkshire

Yeah, it's definately a problem in MSSIAH/C64, it's not powerful enough to process the information that fast. They can't fix it in hardware/firmware, so I was hoping to fix it in software big_smile

New York City

You probably can do that but with a more complex tool (max or reaktor, maybe)

Have you had a look at MIDIOX? It's the only software I can think of that can possibly manage this kind of problem.

York, Yorkshire

I'll look into those suggestions!  Thanks guys smile

Sweden

If nothing else works, it should be a pretty straight-forward processing job. Receives CC events from one MIDI device, stores them in an ArrayList, and then outputs them one by one at a fixed rate (for example once every 5 ms) to another MIDI device

uhajdafdfdfa

Pure data seems ideally suited to this too, probably a 5 or 10 minute job if you know what you're doing.