Melbourne, Australia

The airport is definitley the best place to hand this out. Especially if it is in different languages big_smile

Melbourne, Australia
dosPrompt wrote:

The airport is definitley the best place to hand this out. Especially if it is in different languages big_smile

EL Oh EL! I see what you did there.

FlashHeart

I think a leaflet would work better.

"Chipmusic was invented in 2006 when some guy accidentally plugged his gameboy into a stereo.
The gameboy contained Super Mario Land and people began rocking out to this hot new sound. 
Later, other guys started painting and then adding backlights and audio jacks to their gameboys,
turning them from simple gaming devices into serious instruments that you'd hear in an orchestra. 
By the end of 2006 chipmusic was the single most influential music on the planet.  With top stars
like Beck and other stars like Beck using them once, it seemed on an unstoppable road to glory."

Melbourne, Australia

Wait do you mean the real Beck or the Japanese Beck?

(I know Trash80 and Celsius will get this even if no one else does)

England

teeheeee, 4mat, i'm gonna have to start posting that up places.

Best definition ever.

Washington DC
4mat wrote:

" With top stars
like Beck and other stars like Beck using them once, it seemed on an unstoppable road to glory."

I am laughing so hard I can barely type.

Last edited by Dauragon (Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am)

UK

lol smile

Last edited by ne7 (Sep 17, 2010 2:34 pm)

New York City
4mat wrote:

"Chipmusic was invented in 2006 when some guy accidentally plugged his gameboy into a stereo.
The gameboy contained Super Mario Land and people began rocking out to this hot new sound. 
Later, other guys started painting and then adding backlights and audio jacks to their gameboys,
turning them from simple gaming devices into serious instruments that you'd hear in an orchestra. 
By the end of 2006 chipmusic was the single most influential music on the planet.  With top stars

QFT

Brunswick, GA USA
4mat wrote:

With top stars
like Beck and other stars like Beck using them once...

Isn't that what happened when David Bowie played a Stylophone on one track?

Los Angeles

4mat needs to write an entire book about the history of chipmusic in this style, I'd buy it! lol

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Sep 17, 2010 9:04 pm)

FlashHeart

Haha. Yeah we probably expend far too much energy trying to set the record straight. We should really just make shit up and see how far we can take it.

Anahiem, CA
dosPrompt wrote:

Wait do you mean the real Beck or the Japanese Beck?

(I know Trash80 and Celsius will get this even if no one else does)

I think you mean Mongolian Chop Squad. tongue

and 4mat, that seems to be the most accurate definition. That must be on this site's front page.

philippines

i am just new to this scene.. (discovered these art form/genre music through my new bandmate who's into using synths & stuff, and when i listened to it the first time i fell in love with it...From then I started working on making my own tunes and everyday it gets more exciting.it is challenging and fun and that what makes chiptunes unique from other music genres.I am in a deathmetal band currently, though i make my own chiptunes on my own time. regarding the pamphlet thing, i think that's cool man. but as to what others say, not all people appreciate the beauty in something, especially if it is new to them, so don't try to overdo it.I know there are a lot of people who appreciate this genre..and we are one of them. smile

I like the idea of trying to spread the word, but an airport with a pamphlet doesn't seem like a good use of resources. First the thing should be able to fit into someone's pocket easily, or they will either put it down and forget it or just throw it away because it's too cumbersome. And I'm not sure the airport is the best audience to market to. Maybe a game,anime or comic book convention? You'll probably find less resistance from those people than the 60 year old farmer who just got off a plane after a 9 hour flight.

Abandoned on Fire

hmm