York, Yorkshire

Work in progress, considering a vocal track, what do you recon?

LINK REMOVED UNTIL PROJECT IS COMPLETED - Check back for updates smile

My other music : http://www.rebornonline.com/mp3
Other stuff I say : http://www.bitpop.co.uk

Last edited by BitPop (Feb 9, 2010 9:37 am)

Nashville, Tennessee

its really nice, but the bass progression doesnt change once... led to a little bit of a repetitive feeling. became much less of an issue when the strings came in, gave it a nice theatrical feel. smile overall! great track. a little more variety and it would be ace. thats just my personal opinion though smile

York, Yorkshire

Yeah, I started to program a bass progression but I've not mixed that one down yet. :Z  the change actually kicked in when the strings did. 

I may restructure the song with the single key section as a verse, and the strings/bass progression part as a chorus.

Just need to hand over to my vocalist and see if she can come up with the goods!

Thanks for the response Smiletron, appreciated smile

uhajdafdfdfa

I really like it! It will be great with vocals over it. smile

York, Yorkshire

Thanks Ant1 smile

I've just updated the link in the first post, this is the last version before the song get's rearranged for vocal, I finally got off my lazy ass and put the key change in for the bass, and rerecording the high arps from the C64. 

Joycey is working on the vocal now, and from what I've heard it's gonna be pretty flipping good!  Now the PC is working again, I'm hoping we can get some rough takes done this weekend.   It depends though, Joycey is recording her next album so I'm not sure if she'll be focusing on that. :-s

East Kilbride, Scotland

I would bring that strings section in way earlier in the song, if I wasn't listening to this to give constructive criticism, I would have not listened that far into the song because it was so repetitive up until that point. The strings section is the best part of the song by far. The rest was okay, but it was degraded by the fact it repeated so much. I would say it definitely needs vocals if you are going to leave it the way it is.

York, Yorkshire

Thanks Sycamore Drive.   No the song isn't staying like this, what you're listening to is just a live mix with me messing around.  I went back through to change the bassline and will next be chopping it up for vocal.  So the drum+bass bit will be the verse, the string bit will be chorus.  I will also be comign up with a bridge section.

Once the work on the vocal starts I'll be taking that link down as my vocalist doesn't like anyone hearing works in progress.  sad

The first version I uploaded I actually did in Q1 of 2009, so this is a nice opportunity to finish of what I started.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, this has really spurred me on.   I'll be sure to give you all a listen when it's finished. smile

Last edited by BitPop (Jan 26, 2010 5:09 pm)