Ciudad de méxico, MX

so, i was putting my cart on another case, a regular grey boring one,( 'cause the translucent "game" one doesn't fit that great on the DMG to me) and then i realized that i've lost the savs. I lost the arrangement of the song i'm working but wasn't a terrible loss... i make regular backups.

Anyways, checked with a multimeter and the battery is fine. I'm about to buy another battery just in case the multimeter isn't telling the truth (holidays here, shops are closed 'til tuesday)., but i'm impressed that this component is missed on the pcb.

checked with the other BB's that i have, they have it.
wtf, did just the component fell out? or in this "revision" isn't needed?

please check the upper part of the pcb, where says "10K R1" something is missing!?

any suggestions guys, the cart is flashing ok, but don't holding saves sad.

i have some new resistors laying around, may i just solder a 10k SMT there?

thanks in advance for your time!

Last edited by Analog (Sep 20, 2010 4:13 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Doing some random web search, i've noticed this on gameboycarts.com. I just thought that the regular non-usb carts don't need any dramatic changes, but:

Famikiller wrote:

January 25, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Hey drop
Just a wee thing you should mention on your tutorial regarding the non usb bleepbloops.A cut still needs to be made in the upper left most area to avoid snapping off the battery resistor.If you need pics let me know and i’ll get some together.

which resistor exactly is this?
i mean, is there a number part to get the exactly part that i have accidentaly popped out sad?

Last edited by Analog (Sep 19, 2010 5:52 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

If it looks like a knocked off surface resistor, smells like a knocked off surface resistor, disconnects the battery from the circuit like a knocked off surface resistor, and is talked about on other forums like a knocked off surface resistor...

Carbondale, IL

I've seen this two or three times before.  For some reason, that particular resistor likes to snap off.  It isn't particularly special, just a 10k surface mount resistor.  Can't tell you the size from the picture, unfortunately, so I can't tell you which form factor resistor you will need to replace it.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

EDIT: thanks scienceguy8. I've searched all over the chipternets, so any 10k resistor will do?

EDIT: so, if it make contact with both sides of the pcb path i guess it'll do.

Last edited by Analog (Sep 19, 2010 6:11 pm)

Analog wrote:

EDIT: thanks scienceguy8. I've searched all over the chipternets, so any 10k resistor will do?

EDIT: so, if it make contact with both sides of the pcb path i guess it'll do.

any 10k resistor will do, but an SMD resistor will look nicer, cut a bit out of your case next time so it doesn't knock it off.

if you don't have a multimeter then i think the 10k SMD resistors are marked as 310 but don't quote me on that, you can harvist them from a lot of old broken boards, if like me you have that kinda stuff lying around

Minneapolis
NeX wrote:

if you don't have a multimeter then i think the 10k SMD resistors are marked as 310 but don't quote me on that, you can harvist them from a lot of old broken boards, if like me you have that kinda stuff lying around

Yeah, you should harvest some SMD resistors if you can. It's fall, nearly harvesting season, so get in the spirit and go component harvesting soon. smile

Canada

The size is 0603 and the number should be 103. Good luck. smile

Ciudad de méxico, MX

thank guys you've been great help!

heart

i'll let you know how it work out!

peace!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

yay!

is working now.

thank you so much wonderful people. smile

the soldering is not that clean, but it works perfect!. it's holding the saves like a champ.

This was the only 10k SMD resistors that i've laying around. i've putted a little soldering on both the pcb contacts and on the resistor while having it on a small tweezer. then i put it together and with the soldering iron from applying heat from up.

again, thank you so much!

gotta finish some music now big_smile

nice one, looks pretty neat, now don't go knocking it off when you put it back in the case

Ciudad de méxico, MX

yeah.