São Paulo, Brazil

I used to dump my gbc pics on my PC when I had one of those awful transferers that connects thru the printer serial port. That thing never worked again. Now I want to do some new pics but I don't wanna go through that path again. Are there other options for dumping the gbc contents on the PC, preferably via usb?

Thanks !

Unsubscribe

Any of the usb cart readers aroud should work to dump the save.

São Paulo, Brazil

Thanks man. I googled this: http://www.smartboy.ugu.pl/

But it doesn't seem too reliable. You can't even know if it's on sale or not, and the forum link is broken.

Is there other way out?

Abandoned on Fire

Nex did a project that used two cart connectors and a usb cart as a "transferer" ...

BK

backup the save from your game boy camera onto a mega memory cart, then "restore" that from the mega memory to a usb cart. pull the save off the usb cart and you're set!

Abandoned on Fire
Kris k wrote:

backup the save from your game boy camera onto a mega memory cart, then "restore" that from the mega memory to a usb cart. pull the save off the usb cart and you're set!

Ah, yeah!  That's way better.

São Paulo, Brazil
Kris k wrote:

damn! great idea!

mega memory are relatively cheap and easy to find at mercadolivre.com (brazilian shitty ebay-like site). I'll keep an eye on it.

thanks for the tip man!

Canada

Before I got a Transferer, my method was basically to boot the camera in a Super Game Boy, then take a screenshot with a USB video capturer and crop it in MS Paint. The Transferer is much nicer.

Last edited by Rolf (Sep 23, 2010 1:51 am)

Riverside, CA
Kris k wrote:

This is what I do.
I remember the pics kept coming out all glitched and I couldn't figure out why.
Turns out the camera was at a weird angle or something when I would backup the sav.
I did it in a GBA instead (more room) and they came out great.

São Paulo, Brazil

Well, here's what I want to do with my Gameboy camera: recording time-lapse footage and creating pixielated sequences in Sao Paulo's downtown, for making Pulselooper's first promo video. I work with video and animation since 1999 and always wanted to do something with the GBC. But then I realized that, even with a transferer, I'd have to carry a laptop for dumping the pics from the camera, once its memory is very limited. And opening a laptop in the middle of Sao Paulo bums and crackheads is not a very good idea.

So, the solution I found was, instead of carrying a computer, carrying a Game Boy printer. So I can print all the frames I shot, when the camera memory is full, erasing it and shooting again. I'll have a HELL of a job scanning all these pictures, but I guess its visual in the final video will be even better, because of the print texture.

and BTW, bought a GB printer from ebay.UK for 1.21 pounds. Nice. smile

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (Sep 23, 2010 11:13 am)