Tokyo, Japan

Right, thanks to a bit of help from beware I got this up an running, I think this has just amazing potential and thanks to smiker for the work, im going to follow this closely.

Psydney, Australia

After two days and 20 mockups, I proudly present MOCKUP #21:

Subject to change big_smile

Abandoned on Fire

That's a beauty!  Would the inst/vol/fx columns appear and disappear as you move between channels (looks like it)?  The only part that looks not-awesome is the tiny pattern arranger.

Psydney, Australia

There will be a dedicated arranger screen as well (to the left of the tracker on the screenmap)

Last edited by iLKke (Jan 13, 2010 4:38 pm)

Plano, TX

Wow, that is dead sexy.

Oh hey, you were the guy that did those nice mockups of LSDJ 4 way back when.

I'm glad to see you finally get to put that talent to use. heart

Last edited by PixyJunket (Jan 13, 2010 4:46 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
iLKke wrote:

There will be a dedicated arranger screen as well (to the left of the tracker on the screenmap)

[thumbs-up]

Brisbane, Australia, Earth

too much excitement! this is going to be fantastic!

Tokyo, Japan

Mock up is most beautiful.

astral cat

FUCK I LOVE YOU iLKke!!!

The mock up looks incredibly nice! It'd be a great improvement.

New York City

That's pretty cool, but maybe there's too much information on one screen.
A multipage approach á-la LSDJ would be more suited to a limited console like the GBA.
Reading most of this shit in a liveset will be a bit annoying.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 14, 2010 6:35 pm)

Psydney, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

That's pretty cool, but maybe there's too much information on one screen.
A multipage approach á-la LSDJ would be more suited to a limited console like the GBA.
Reading most of this shit in a liveset will be a bit annoying.

I have to disagree.
First, there are multiple pages (look at the screenmap in top left).
Second, I think this is quite readable and I don't see how you could benefit from having less info at your disposal. Having only one track on screen cannot possibly help you.
Third, this 'page' is for composing. You can go to live mode when you want to 'play live'.

Furthermore you don't HAVE to look at all the 'shit' on screen now, do you?

New York City

Without a "rolling demo" I can't realize the pages thing. Good call!
This single screen still looks a bit crowded and with too many supersmall elements. And you just said it yourself, I don't have to look at all that stuff when I play live, so it shouldn't be crowded. But this is not the Live screen. How would I know, if I don't know the software? A bit more explanation would have been nice.

That's just my opinion, it;'s no good to get all uppity about it, you should be able to take constructive criticism in. Relax dude,  it looks pretty great, which is what I said FIRST.

Fucking internet, man.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 14, 2010 7:04 pm)

Psydney, Australia

Well I forgot to add a smiley in there. big_smile
No offense taken, mate

the heart of a mountain

iLKke...I love it...gorgeous.
Switching between arrange and config and instrument edit etc is the nicest solution I think and the little screenmap in the mockup looks great...can't wait to see Live mode in an alpha whenever its imlemented....I'm diggin the VU meters too...but if they steal to many cpu cycles from the nice fm channel they'll have to go! wink

Psydney, Australia
concretedog wrote:

I'm diggin the VU meters too...but if they steal to many cpu cycles from the nice fm channel they'll have to go! wink

But of course. Function comes first, form second smile