>>> http://manuelclement.bandcamp.com/

Styles: Dark Ambient, Industrial, French electro-pop, lo-fi 8 Bit, French Dub (!)

All phrases were recorded like traditional instruments (not sequenced). Instruments are mostly old, analog synthesizer (1975 Moog, Dave Smith PEK, etc). Also used is a tiny 8-Bit Casio SK-1 piano toy from 1985, which was a present from local MODERATOR / artist INFRADEAD. Aside from the occasional choirs and orchestra instruments (Miroslav library), the sounds are all sculpted from scratch (even the weird wind/trains) on the analog gear. Everything is recorded using the SCOPE environment which I love, and an old version of Cubase.

The tracks BASIQUE 1 and BASIQUE 2 (both free) were 100% made on the 8 Bit Casio SK-1. VALENTINE 2005 is mostly the Casio, with a Micromoog. It was also used throughout 90% of the rest of the album, but not always in obvious ways!! I had a lot of fun pushing the Casio, and am planning a FULL 8 Bit CASIO + Gameboy LP next smile

The bar for me was "do I have goose bumps", when listening to the tracks. NOT "how can I please this or that crowd". It is a very special album that is dear to my heart. I don't expect the masses to adore it, but I am confident that this LP can grow on you if you like chill music.

Who knows, you may also enjoy it.
PLAY IT LOUD.

Thank you for listening, and sharing.

Manuel

Last edited by ARTIFACT (Sep 27, 2010 1:50 am)

Tacoma WA

awesome stuff

glad to see you on here man!

fun fact i gave him his first sk-1

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

This is really great music! Hope to purchase shortly.

Thank you so much for the kind words guys! I will listen to your msic too low-gain.
See you around.

Finland

Hey this is really nice stuff!

Hey I also posted a preview track from my next album "CASIO BOY" mentioned in this thread. It will be 100% CASIO SK-1 + Gameboy (LSDJ). The preview track is quite *harsh* but you may survive it. It's up on my bandcamp link.

Thanks for listening guys.