philly

Those first two links aren't working!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

from the tumblr page of (how to destroy angles) his other band w/ his wife, trent posted:
http://destroyangels.tumblr.com/post/68 … um-machine

hi , i'd like to know the name of the tube drum machine you used for this EP.

Metasonix D-1000
http://www.metasonix.com/index.php?opti … ;Itemid=77

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

btw.. i love the new project. How to destroy angels.
good stuff.

http://howtodestroyangels.com/

Olympia, WA

HEY GUYS SOMEONE FAMOUS USES CHIPTUNE. ITS NOT COOL ANYMORE! CHIPTUNE IS OVER WAAAAAAAAAAAH

i like his studio. I use that moog VST all the time.

Last edited by naxat (Oct 1, 2010 9:03 pm)

Westfield, NJ
naxat wrote:

HEY GUYS SOMEONE FAMOUS USES CHIPTUNE. ITS NOT COOL ANYMORE! CHIPTUNE IS OVER WAAAAAAAAAAAH

We've been saying this for months, not news.

Washington DC

The sky hath fallen.

There is no escape. Only death.

Missouri

He used chip sounds in Ghosts I-IV. And in year zero sampled Nintendo sounds (look at the liner notes). He's one of my biggest influences.

Brazil
Decktonic wrote:
naxat wrote:

People are saying this for years, not news.

fixed

And I stand with T80, pretty hate machine is still the best of Trent. I love NIN and I'm digging HTDA, but...

Unsubscribe
naxat wrote:

i like his studio. I use that moog VST all the time.

Wait so i cant think a dude is lame if he's famous?

Milwaukee, WI

True story: dispyz was (is) in first place in the remix competition Trent just had. Unfortunately for Ty, Trent decided that the ratings didn't count on the last day of judging and instead picked a random shit tune. The winner was based in Cali so Trent wouldn't have to front money for a plane ticket.

Westfield, NJ
RG wrote:

True story: dispyz was (is) in first place in the remix competition Trent just had. Unfortunately for Ty, Trent decided that the ratings didn't count on the last day of judging and instead picked a random shit tune. The winner was based in Cali so Trent wouldn't have to front money for a plane ticket.

I hate stupid crap like this.

Los Angeles
RG wrote:

Do you have a link to this evidence?

Milwaukee, WI
8bitweapon wrote:
RG wrote:

Do you have a link to this evidence?

Well, I guess it depends on what you would like evidence for. Clearly it was never proven that they didn't want to pay for a flight but the odds are stacked against them when the winner is an LA resident and this: http://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/25833041551 is posted the day after the deadline. No bitterness whatsoever but that winning tune was complete crap. Personally, I feel that the runner-up should have won if there had to be a winner of the two. Evidence for non-flight winners (LA area) is in the terms and conditions. 

The real kicker here is that the ratings were ignored because of all the "down-voting", and because Ty was #1 rated for three days in a row people thought he was the "down-voter." My inbox was full of "hey fuck you asshole" and "I'm reporting you" along with a few "I'm down-voting you for down-voting my track", but the fact of the matter is that if you click on the RG avatar and look at "highest-ranked" you'll see that the ONLY track Ty voted on was his own (who wouldn't vote on their own tune?).

Anyway, Ty has recently been dethroned and stands at the 4th highest ranked. Oddly enough, the vote slider is automatically set at "1."

http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=21853

Last edited by RG (Oct 4, 2010 2:54 pm)

Los Angeles

Really? It's because he didn't want to spend money on a plane ticket? Really? ... This gets filed under who cares. His thing, his rules.

ON another note, we all know internet voting turns into a popularity contest and doesn't necessarily reflect quality work.

Last edited by Trash80 (Oct 4, 2010 8:08 pm)

Milwaukee, WI
trash80 wrote:

Really? It's because he didn't want to spend money on a plane ticket? Really? ... This gets filed under who cares. His thing, his rules.

ON another note, we all know internet voting turns into a popularity contest and doesn't necessarily reflect quality work.

I personally thought the whole idea was pretty fucking stupid, don't get the wrong idea.

Los Angeles
RG wrote:
trash80 wrote:

I personally thought the whole idea was pretty fucking stupid, don't get the wrong idea.

Also note I was not trying to diss dispyz's work. smile