Yuma, AZ

So I've been tracking via and LSDj rom on my pc for some time now. I just finally got a cart this past weekend.
My question is simple - Can I/How do I transfer my song files from the rom to the cart?
Just a simple USB connection?
Just dont want to screw anything up.

Thanks.

BK

Depends on your cart- if you're using a bleepbloop cart or an EMS USB cart, then yes. you need the software that goes with it, which probably came with your cart.  There's no drag and drop function, you'll need to write the RAM (the sav file) to the cart using the Write RAM button within the software. You can use the Read RAM button to pull the sav file off the cart later to back it up on your computer.
if it's an old blue EMS cart without a usb jack, then you'll need to use a transferrer or transferrer II, which is decidedly more difficult to use.

Also- if you're using a mac, the software is different- i think its GBCFlash or something like that- im sure someone here with a mac knows better than i do.

Yuma, AZ

Aha! Didnt realize I had the software. I really gotta stop asking such dumb questions around here...
Thank you for pointing that out to me!

BK

no worries. if it was a bleepbloop cart it probably had a mini cd with it. if not,  i think there may be a thread in which someone's linked to it on here or on 8bc. if it's ems, theres probably a link on hkems.com or on kitsch/nonfinite's site. not positive on that though.