PARIS

As a new member I'll do as small presentation.

My nick/scene name is DJ g00ns.. I'm a hobbyist DJ in the underground techno scene and though I'm lucky enough to play at cool places, I have to keep a "day job"to pay for the bills.

I'lm also a long time home computer fan and user.. Started with a Tandy TRS 80 followed by a wonderful Atari 400 with its superb Coke resistant flat keyboard. I evolved to an Atari 800XL and later with a good Old C64. When the dawn of the 16bit area my dad brought an Amiga 1000 at home... and my budget allowed me to buy an Atari 1040 STF. I then moved to an A500 and later on to a A1200.

I started playing with sounds using Rockmonitor on the 64 and the good old Soundtracker/Pro tracker on the Amiga. Still I was a bit frustrated with the samples only approach of these ones. I played a bit with Future Composer and Delta Music but my favourite editors were Musicline Editor and AHX which started to have a decent "synth" section. I used my A1200 until its 030 board died and moved on to PC.

Since then I've been playing around with various emulators ad plugins, got an Atari Falcon 030 and a Hardsid4U sound module.

My latest  "challenge" was to learn some coding basics so I found Flash quite handy for a beginning and i started to play around with retro style remakes. My first ever prdouction was a small "Clip" to complete a full 60 minute SID tunes mix. It's very simple but you might like it. it's available with the full mix to download at http://g00nzor.free.fr.   I also did some true remakes of Atari cracktros available at http://flashtro.com in the Atari section (still very simple ones as I'm a complete noob in code.

My current projetcs are now to continue the path of the flash Demo style clips with Chiptune/retro tracks mixes. I'm about to finish one dedicated to the Atari ST (I nearly have all the screens for an Atari style megademo, the audio is ready.. I have to make the Main Menu screen now).

Once done I'll move on to the "Amiga" and probably to finish the story, Ill do one using current and retro chip tunes from various platforms.

Well anyway, glad to have found this place smile

Montréal

Oh un frenchy ! Salut à toi et bienvenue à bord smile

PARIS

héhé enchanté smile

Cambridge UK

TOUS ENSEMBLES, EN FRANÇAIS!

hey, bienvenu man! Amiga ca en crisse!

Godzilladelph

i'm american and therefore cannot speak any language aside from what we call 'english' buuut
nice to meet ya!

Last edited by SKGB (Oct 8, 2010 11:15 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

Je parle francais smile
Beinvenue et bonne chance !

Last edited by TmTgr (Oct 9, 2010 7:08 am)