New York City
jefftheworld wrote:

Another random video

That's the worse time to choose to have a Game Boy crash xD

Awesome show people. Fucking nuts crowd pull.
I love deadbeatblast!

Last edited by akira^8GB (Oct 4, 2010 2:29 pm)

New York, New York
Battle Lava wrote:

Congrats guys. What a turn out, omg!

edit: for the record in the end I could not turn out for this and play which I thought sucked, but now really think it sucks yikes

And to add I wasn't playing, but, this. yikes

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I feel that when I invite musicians out next time there'll be a little less scoffing at my "stupid little outdoor busking gig".

I need to get a bus to Toronto sometime. Never been to Canada. Gotta do it while it's relatively nearby and inexpensive, before I move out of NYC forever in like 8 months.

Anahiem, CA

Amazing! Thats a gigantic crowd! Congrats on the amazing community of there.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
rallyj wrote:

Amazing! Thats a gigantic crowd! Congrats on the amazing community of there.

The chiptune community here is actually pretty small.  None (few) of those people were chiptune fans (well, I guess they are now).  They were all just random people who didn't know a thing about what we were doing, they just dug the music.

New York City
jefftheworld wrote:

The chiptune community here is actually pretty small.  None (few) of those people were chiptune fans (well, I guess they are now).  They were all just random people who didn't know a thing about what we were doing, they just dug the music.

Who cares? You got the best crowd really. Much better if they don't know anything or have anything to do with "the community". MUCH better. As you say, you know that if they enjoyed it is because they dug teh music or experience. It's a very honest feedback!

jefftheworld wrote:

I feel that when I invite musicians out next time there'll be a little less scoffing at my "stupid little outdoor busking gig".

Oh? who scoffed?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
akira^8GB wrote:
jefftheworld wrote:

Who cares? You got the best crowd really. Much better if they don't know anything or have anything to do with "the community". MUCH better. As you say, you know that if they enjoyed it is because they dug teh music or experience. It's a very honest feedback!

Yeah, I'm quite pleased!  We were all sincerely flattered.

It's also nice as something I can take to venues and say "see, the average person will love this stuff".

Melbourne, Australia
jefftheworld wrote:

It's also nice as something I can take to venues and say "see, the average person will love this stuff".

This is such a good point. Congrats on the overwhelmingly good crowd response.

Toronto, Canada
akira^8GB wrote:
jefftheworld wrote:

Another random video

That's the worse time to choose to have a Game Boy crash xD

Awesome show people. Fucking nuts crowd pull.
I love deadbeatblast!

Twas the battery powering the amp that died there. Two minutes left of my set, too.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Arisuki performs Candy Heart.

Toronto Area, Canada

Ya nice work everyone. We did good. I made out like a bandit on the photos. hehe!
Here's some of the vid I found. Will post more later.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If anyone is interested in playing next year's show, please get in touch!  There seems to be a lot of interest and I feel I may actually have to limit the number of performers this year even with the sundown to sunrise timeframe.  This year's show went from about 10:00pm-4:00am  which gives a couple hours on each end.

Cheers,
jeff