Yuma, AZ

Got a flash cart with LSDj about 2 weeks ago (thanks Kitsch! smile ) but I'm having this issue once in a while where it will boot up to "Muddy GB - Alpha" and I cant make it boot to LSDj. It just happens at random sometimes. Normal problem? Something I did wrong?

Anahiem, CA

Have you connected the cart to the computer to see which page LSDJ is on?

matt's mind

its booting into menu 2, which is where i put muddyGB (to test the powercycling before shipping).  it typically means that you are turning the gameboy on too recently after turning it off (the powercycling bit).  the manual EMS did i think says to wait a second, but in reality its closer to 5-10.  and, slip the cartridge out of the gameboy if it doesn't work, as that seems to speed the cap up in its discharging (so that powercycling doesn't happen).

but, that is what is going on.  MuddyGB is the ROM in menu 2.  you'll notice the green light LED illuminates when muddyGB 'happens' as well.  this indicates you are in menu 2.

you did nothing wrong.  you've (i suppose) stumbled across one of its features.

PS - don't connect the cart via USB when the cart is inside the gameboy, especially if the gameboy is powered on.  take the cart out.  (:

Yuma, AZ

smile Thanks guys! Hooray for hidden features! lol