Ciudad de méxico, MX

the ez-flash IV uses miniSD.

SuperCard uses SD, and it stick out of the GBA.

I have a Supercard mini SD. It does not stick out.

Chicago IL
Analog wrote:

SuperCard uses SD, and it stick out of the GBA.

tRasH cAn maN wrote:

I have a Supercard mini SD. It does not stick out.

the non mini SD supercard DOES stick out slightly. it's the one i have. and it DOES work as a standalone for GBA (saw some people asking)

Philly, PA, USA
Analog wrote:

Ok because on the product page on nonelectronics I think it just said SD not mini (nonfinite fix this! [unless i'm just blind])

also thanks to the rest of you with your information about whether it sticks out or not, I've got a gameboy micro so having it stick out would probably be super uncomfortable.

Tokyo, Japan
pixls wrote:
cheapshot wrote:

Actually, this is what I am using: http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalog/i … 2250cf0b42
It's the shiznit!

does the EZ flash stick out of a GBA at all? it says it uses just regular SDs and it seems like it would have to be slightly oversized to fit a standard SD

The EZ flash fits real snug. One issue I had though was that it uses a mini-SD, not micro SD which is what I consider to be normnal, so I had to buy a micro>mini-SD adapter. This mini-SD adapter got stuck in the cart, which is not really a problem cos the micro-SD slips in and our of the mini-SD adapter.

Tokyo, Japan

I just followed cheapys advice and bought an ez flash. Really looking forward to the tracker smiker and Ilkke

Tokyo, Japan
Lazerbeat wrote:

I just followed cheapys advice and bought an ez flash. Really looking forward to the tracker smiker and Ilkke

You won't be disappointed, works out the box and is totally reliable.

Tokyo, Japan

fukn sweet. Did you acctually try m4g on it?

Tokyo, Japan

Actually I will  edit this double post into something useful. I was wondering if there will be any sync functionality? m4g + LSDJ synced could well be a very powerful combination.

I appreciate the software isnt even out yet though.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Oct 14, 2010 4:16 am)

Tokyo, Japan
Lazerbeat wrote:

i tried one of the old versions, but couldn't get a sound out of it... hmm I'm sure it was just me being dumb though. The software ran fine.

Philly, PA, USA

yeah i saw that, i know where i can get mini SDs or at least packs that come with mini SD adapters so it shouldn't be an issue, thanks though

I think i'll definitely be getting one of these soon

brooklyn
Lazerbeat wrote:

m4g + LSDJ synced could well be a very powerful combination.

I totally agree.

Melbourne, Australia

http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#sio … urposemode
Get on it!

Sweeeeeeden

I'd say http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#sionormalmode + 8-bit mode sounds like a better idea. The main problem is 5V vs 3.3V compatibility, and I'd guess that you'd encounter the same problems whether you are using general purpose mode or "normal" serial mode.

One problem however, is that GBA can't send data at any lower rate than 256 KHz in GBA mode. That should be just fine with a DMG, but perhaps the high speed combined with the low voltage will make the transfer unstable. If you look at the DMG schematic, you'll see that all the serial port pins hove some input prtection circuitry, including a 100 pF, which might bite enough away of the rising edge of the data that the tranfer (sometimes?) fails.

My recommended procedure is:
1) Try the "normal" mode in 8-bit mode with GBA as master.
If that's not stable enough...
2) Try "normal" mode in 8-bit mode with GBA as slave and DMG etc as slave.
That should work stable, but you obviously can't be master. So you can...
3) Try emulating the serial protocol  in "general purpose" with a much slower speed. DMG's master mode is 1 kbit/s, for comparison. A few kbit/s should be no problem for the DMG, but if 1) didn't work, you know 256 kbit/s is far too much.

Gambatte, ne!

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg
cheapshot wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

i tried one of the old versions, but couldn't get a sound out of it... hmm I'm sure it was just me being dumb though. The software ran fine.

i cant get sound ether. are we doing something wrong?

Tokyo, Japan
mepufw wrote:
cheapshot wrote:

i cant get sound ether. are we doing something wrong?

Messing around with the wave channel I was able to get some sound out actually, but it was still buggy...