hi all,

i am putting my first pro sounded gameboy SP on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … :MESELX:IT

thanks

Los Angeles

correct me if im wrong, but when I looked into "prosound" modding a sp, there was absolutely no signal difference according to my oscilloscope.

Los Angeles

oh you just added a output jack so you dont need the adapter. got it. edit: thats a odd place for a jack being that holding it would be awkward. I take it there was no room on the back side?

Last edited by Trash80 (Oct 16, 2010 7:02 pm)

trash80 wrote:

oh you just added a output jack so you dont need the adapter. got it. edit: thats a odd place for a jack being that holding it would be awkward. I take it there was no room on the back side?

there are different versions of the SP motherboard and i have found that the AGS101s in particular can get a very good line level output from them, but its more the point of taking the audio before the filter caps so that it is DC,

from what i could find that was the only place the jack could go without causing problems to the mounts, it could fit at the back but something would have to go. but the socket is ok if you just have it sitting and playing but maybe not so good if you want to hold it

Los Angeles
NeX wrote:
trash80 wrote:

there are different versions of the SP motherboard and i have found that the AGS101s in particular can get a very good line level output from them, but its more the point of taking the audio before the filter caps so that it is DC,

Yeah the one I tried was the newer guy with the brighter screen, to which I was unsuccessful. The cap on the audio line is generally a good thing, its a safety buffer, unlike some other models it doesn't filter anything audible- that I've found, then again I never messed around with that model- then again the old gameboy sound comparison site also doesn't show degradation- aka highpass filtering.

http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm

trash80 wrote:
NeX wrote:

Yeah the one I tried was the newer guy with the brighter screen, to which I was unsuccessful. The cap on the audio line is generally a good thing, its a safety buffer, unlike some other models it doesn't filter anything audible- that I've found, then again I never messed around with that model- then again the old gameboy sound comparison site also doesn't show degradation- aka highpass filtering.

http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm

there is a cap on the audio ground that just protects against drop out on heavy bass, but for example in the DMG the two caps on the headphone jack board are there to turn the signal from digital to analog to drive headphones, where as for recording you want a line level supply which is what i was trying to get from the SP. the source i got was before the amplifier and volume control meaning the volume did nothing to the audio output. the point i found had higher gain, was DC (from what i can tell) and generally didn't have any amplifier hum in it.