London

.. still trying to get to grips with it! anywho, here is a little something ive started on.
http://soundcloud.com/shirobon/testing- … ky-tracker

bare in mind im still in the learning progress but any tips/ advice would be great!
cheers

Chicago IL

thanks, i've enjoyed reading your blog here

uhajdafdfdfa

Sample trackers are different to VSTs or Game Boys, you have to make sure your instruments are in tune with each other! The lead instrument at the end sounds pretty out to me. Draw the samples yourself if you can't put them in tune by ear, or just use Ableton/Logic/FL/Garageband/whatever, because 90% of your fans don't know what an XM is anyway. tongue

That's my advice. smile

Psydney, Australia
ant1 wrote:

...or just use Ableton/Logic/FL/Garageband/whatever, because 90% of your fans don't know what an XM is anyway. tongue

You want to learn MilkyTracker? Try using another program LOOL big_smile

Psydney, Australia
Shirobon wrote:

bare in mind im still in the learning progress but any tips/ advice would be great!
cheers

Ah yes. I have a general recommendation. Make sure you set the replay routine to ProTracker 2.x, and NOT 3.x.
That way you can change samples while a note is playing which is essential for 'phase' effects.
Also try to find modules by Sonik members (Maza, Stargazer, Oxide and Grim). You can learn every almost amiga chip trick from their work.
Furthermore, 4mat has an awesome 3-part tutorial on his blog:
http://ihearthesoundofwaves.blogspot.co … t-not.html

Good luck and have fun!

London

yeah im all good with ableton and such but i posted this to learn a few things about milkytracker!
thanks anywho ..

New York City

Sounds to me like you can't even recognize a dissonance, which goes far beyond just "tracking"

ant1 wrote:

you have to make sure your instruments are in tune with each other!

Yup.

London

Thanks for that iLKke!

Psydney, Australia
Shirobon wrote:

Thanks for that iLKke!

Glad to be of help!
If you can't find those modules, I can mail them to you.

London

yeah send over some xm files that would be great!
im understanding milky alot more now and loving it! samples through the commands are great!
x