Bristol

I like to sync my stuff.. NL2.3 with an MPC and EHX 2880 looper.. doesn't mean I do it particularly well though! Fun though building layers and loops.

Last edited by liquidcalm (Oct 29, 2010 10:37 pm)

IL, US

ive synced a ton of shit together...a lot of nanoloop 1.3 + electribe esx-1, but i sold the esx now, so its a piggy tracker thing...plus, i did a song with 6 synced dmgs, and usually do my nanoloop 2.3 stuff with 2 synced micros smile ive also used some drum machines as master clock signal before

San Francisco

dear world. micro korgs dont count as a synth. its more of a keayboard and thats why i hate it. kaoss pads suck. nothing to do with this thread, but just saying.

i used to do some dual GB stuff. nothing uploaded though...

Last edited by wedanced (Apr 6, 2022 8:23 pm)

wedanced wrote:

kaoss pads can suck my dick.

For serious. Nothing is worse than random WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH filter sweeps in the middle of a song.

Tacoma WA
wedanced wrote:

dear world. micro korgs dont count as a synth. its more of a keayboard and thats why i hate it. kaoss pads can suck my dick. nothing to do with this thread, but just saying.

i used to do some dual GB stuff. nothing uploaded though...

lol

kp3's are awesome if used well.

the filters suck, they are steppy as hell to my ear.  not a fan of the delays as well.

where they excel is as a live looper when midi sync'd.

VA
wedanced wrote:

dear world. micro korgs dont count as a synth.

The microkorg is pretty powerful, especially if you have something decent to control it with.

Tokyo, Japan
wedanced wrote:

dear world. micro korgs dont count as a synth.

To be honest this might be internet irony which Im missing but if you cant do something interesting with a synth with 2 oscs, 2 lfos, 7 or 8 wave forms, a handful of virtual patches, 6 or 7 filter types and a shit load of effects, you might need to spend a bit more time learning synthesis.

Psydney, Australia

What was this thread about again?

Bristol
infradead wrote:

the filters suck, they are steppy as hell to my ear.  not a fan of the delays as well.

almost back on topic with serious question: I owned a KP3 for about 3 days and bought it to be a live looper, however it NEVER stayed in time with midi sync, it seemed to add like 1ms on at the end of each loop. The effects/delay/etc were rock solid with the clock, but the loops were always off after about a minute. I was really annoyed and sent it back. Have they fixed that issue?

Last edited by liquidcalm (Oct 30, 2010 11:37 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
liquidcalm wrote:
infradead wrote:

almost back on topic with serious question: I owned a KP3 for about 3 days and bought it to be a live looper, however it NEVER stayed in time with midi sync, it seemed to add like 1ms on at the end of each loop. The effects/delay/etc were rock solid with the clock, but the loops were always off after about a minute. I was really annoyed and sent it back. Have they fixed that issue?

I've never experienced that on my unit, which has the latest firmware update.  Maybe it was fixed through an update?

Hoxton, London UK

well i made a video syncing a DMG with my old EMX electribe. check it owt

http://www.shriker.co.uk/electribe-lsdj-syncing/

also, check out on youtube 'rockman' (i think) type LSDJ to refine results. his stuff is good

New York City
Shriker wrote:

also, check out on youtube 'rockman' (i think) type LSDJ to refine results. his stuff is good

Anyway, life without syncing is boring, and a game boy without proper drums is too, so I have always synced to some sort of drum machine at the very least (software or hardware). I used to have an Electribe EA-1 too until I basically gave it away while in the middle of a situation xD I don't miss it though. Now I only need a Machinedrum...

The most awesome artist that syncs everything that I know of is Mr. Spastic. Extra points for a computerless setup. As far as I remember it's MPC-1000 + MidiNES + Midibox SID + who knows what else.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 10, 2011 4:09 pm)

Truly amazed no-one's mentioned peeR yet.

Whitley Bay, England

I sync my DMG to my Atari ST for a couple songs, mainly for a bit of added oomph to some parts. I really need to work some more ST parts into tracks. But everything is written for one DMG and sounds fine that way (well, I play live instruments over the top (remember those? You like, did stuff in realtime! Crazy)).
There's Sloopygoop's cover of Sgt Peppers which featured 8 DMGs I think? Can't remember. It had a lot though hahaha

Last edited by TraceKaiser (Jan 11, 2011 12:45 am)

New York City
Stevens wrote:

It was mentioned in the previous page, yep!

akira^8GB wrote:
Stevens wrote:

It was mentioned in the previous page, yep!

Oh god I'm a tit. Well I don't think anyone's mentioned this amazing Venetian Snares track yet, the chipmusic factor being supplied by Midines:

Last edited by Stevens (Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm)