Boulder, CO

So I just got a GP2X a few weeks ago and made a piggy=>midi box from the kit.
Put everything together, tested sync, works awesome.

Now for the problem:
Recently I started doing note output to my Midibox SID from Piggy and it seems to start skipping/garbling note messages after 10 minutes of running flawlessly. Running 16th notes it'll start skipping one in every 16 or so then it just progresses to get worse and worse sometimes triggering wrong notes. If I had my arduino I'd test the serial output but I don't have that luxury right now and I figured I'd try here to see if anyone has any idea what could be happening.

Things that are definitely not the issue:
The midi cable: I've used it with a different sequencer and the Midibox SID which also rules out the Midibox SID as the cause of the issue.

Here's what I've tried:
1) Tried using only MIDI with no samples.
2) Started piggy using "./lgpt.gpe > midiout.log 2>&1" with no luck.
3) Installed the newest ghetto build with no luck.
4) Downgraded firmware with no luck.
5) Installed Open2x firmware (why the hell not) with no luck.

I don't think it's a problem with the Piggy=>MIDI since it works flawlessly for 10 minutes and then goes to shit after that. Almost exactly at the 10 minute mark the last 2 times when playing a short loop over and over (so weird).

Restarting Piggy when the issue occurs doesn't fix the issue but restarting the console does.

Any insight is highly appreciated.

Unsubscribe

Does it do the same thing with other midi devices? I cannot find the exact command to disable midi clock buit perhaps give that a try..

Also did you set up your log pruning?

http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.php?id=lgpt:midi

Boulder, CO

Yea I set up the log stuff when I first noticed the problem.

Right now I don't have any other midi devices with me to test out but I'll have some to play with this weekend but judging by the current testing I've done the outcome should be the same.

I'll look for the midi clock disable, thanks!

Geneva, NY

I just searched my IRC logs... it wasn't a command, it was a custom build with midi clock disabled and it's was on 10pm.org, so it's gone now.  I'm pretty sure xc3n has it, so I'll try to get him to upload it to the /build directory on hexawe and I'll post the link here when it's live.