Hi! I'm new and I ma a vocaloid user (if you don't know what it is, google it) and i need a good software to create 8bit music. A simple software. Can someone please help me? kthxbye

You're being kind of vague.

Are you looking for a tracker? VSTs?

I'm going to guess VSTs since you use vocaloid. You could try Plogue's Chipsounds or just grab any sort of analog synth VST and just stick to the basic waveforms (square, pulse, triangle, sine, saw, noise). I've heard µB's VSTs are pretty nice, too.

))<>((

vocaloid ftw.

that is all.

I hate sequencers, but if that's what works for you then I would recommend Reason.

Humankind has tapped maybe 1% of that program's potential.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If you want to go with a tracker (which I would recommend solely out of my love for them) then Renoise or Skale would probably suit you best (they both have VST support).

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

England
arlen wrote:

You're being kind of vague.

Are you looking for a tracker? VSTs?

I'm going to guess VSTs since you use vocaloid. You could try Plogue's Chipsounds or just grab any sort of analog synth VST and just stick to the basic waveforms (square, pulse, triangle, sine, saw, noise). I've heard µB's VSTs are pretty nice, too.

Whatever you're using for sequencing, look for the Arpeggiator function and experiment with that. Use it with the waveforms arlen mentioned.

The Hollow Earth

Magical 8bit Plug; simple, effective and free.

Anahiem, CA
Subterrestrial wrote:

Magical 8bit Plug; simple, effective and free.

This is as simple as it gets.

I also recommend the aforementioned programs such as Renoise and Reason, although I've never tried making chipmusic on Reason yet.

Psydney, Australia
rallyj wrote:

I also recommend the aforementioned programs such as Renoise and Reason, although I've never tried making chipmusic on Reason yet.

I think disasterpiece uses Reason.

I'd recommend Famitracker.
Renoise is as good as trackers get, but it's not what you'd call 'simple'.