Yeah it's old but just wanted to post it.  Aleksi Eeben's software emulation of the SID for Vic-20 machines, comes with source.

Blog post

Unsubscribe

Aleksi  is a genius.

Milwaukee, WI

OLD.

smile

I always thought this was unique enough to stand on it's own merit.

theoretically it's possible to make a 6-channel c64 player by using this (obviously 3 channels would be lower quality but still)

Montreal
4mat wrote:

theoretically it's possible to make a 6-channel c64 player by using this (obviously 3 channels would be lower quality but still)

Someone should code a wavechannel/softsynth on $D418,
wonder why it didnt happen before. 15Khz wavetables probably doable with clever 6510/irq coding

Last edited by plgDavid (Nov 5, 2010 4:59 pm)

Los Angeles

pretty kool though

Vancouver, BC

Nice! that is perfect timing, just last week, I finally got my friend to bring over the 'some old commodore computer' he had sitting in his closet and lend it to me. Turns out it's a Vic-20 and I guess I was secretly hoping it was a C64 with a nice 6581. But this demo sounds surprisingly funky, so maybe I'm happy I've got a Vic to play with. I'm a little unclear on whether this is a 'pure software' emulation using some digi-technique to playback, but obviously if I'm not lazy I can find that out...

David from Plogue/Chipsounds has also written some interesting things recently about the Vic's sound chip.