Slovakia / European Union

Probably you know this Shiru´s crossplatform PC WIN - ZX  TurboSound FM / Sega Megadrive (Genesis) tool.
But I will open this topics here. This tool deserve its own rubric...

Homepage>>
http://shiru.untergrund.net/

Screenshot>>

Youtube>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osi0QhA … re=related

Download>>
ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/users/shiru/tfmmaker14.zip

Winamp>>
ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/users/shiru/in_tfm.zip

Sega Megadrive/Gennesis player (export tune as VGM and use this tool)>>
http://jiggawatt.org/badc0de/vgmplay6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/user/Groovemaste … 1hPrZ1qaAo

Milwaukee, WI

I should mention everyone should donate to Shiru as well to encourage work on this.  Someone asked him about it, he set it up a year ago and hasn't received a single donation yet!

San Francisco

i love this tracker. i love making drum samples and synthesizing instruments in this guy all the time. really alot of power there. shiru does deserve some back up and respect guys.

Adelaide, Australia

The donation goes to Cancer Research UK?!

Retired

I started playing with TFM but the sound is clipping like hell. ANyone had this problem before? I tried every possible configuration for my sound card but it doesn't change anything... Heeellllppppp!

Mwahaha! Thanks!

New York, New York

You need to change the buffer settings.

San Francisco

blahblahblah tfm is the shit blahblah fucken do it blahblablah we should talk about it more.

i just donated to shiru and cancer research uk.  you know how many other people donated? 2.  come on, people.  not only is he giving his work away for free, he's giving proceeds to a great cause.  show some respect and support.  let him know he and his work is appreciated!

Retired

Me again... I tried every possible configuration for my sound card but it doesn't change anything... I also tried it on 3 different computers and the same problem occurs... ANy suggestion or recommended soundcard/setup/setting/rhum brand?

Last edited by ??? (May 3, 2011 6:29 pm)

Russia, Moscow

Users of the program tried it on hundreds of different computers with different sound cards, OSes, etc, and it worked for them.

From doc:

Go to editor settings window (Editor sheet of main window). Enable test signal by pressing button which is located at right part of the WaveOut group box. Select minimal possible values of Buffers count and Size, which allows to stable sound playing, without gaps and noise. Check if sound is stable when editor window moving and other programs starting in background. Disable test signal.

Open one of example modules, which are included into editor package, by File->Open Module (Ctrl+O) item of main menu. Play module with play button on toolbar (F5). If it sounds unstable, increase sound buffers length and number of buffers. You also can change output volume using trackbar in the WaveOut group box. Note that too high output volume may cause to clipping. You can notice if it happens when green indicator at right part of the editor's toolbar turns to red. Also note that too much and too long buffers can cause to bigger sound delay when pressing note keys in editor.

Venezuela

just in case im not the only on...it lag so bad in my Windows vista 64bites! sad((... anyone have any idea why?, the playback sounds with lot of delay and noises, if anyone know how to fix this, plz let me know, i wanna give it a try!...

also, thx miste shiru!, i was asking for you the other day around IRC! to ask you about that bug/problem.

Russia, Moscow

I don't have any 64-bit PCs, so I can't test and tell anything certain. It works on 32-bit Vista, at least, so maybe it is not OS-related. The only time I had problem with WaveOut-based apps was when I've used old driver for SB Live. After updating the driver everything worked OK.

Do you have problems with other WaveOut-based apps? Vortex Tracker II and AY Emulator is among them (check their options, there are similar settings).

Venezuela

mister Shiru!...i tried Vortex Tracker II and works super fine. No lag or anythign wrong with the sound...

Is there is any kind of special config or something?

Los Angeles, CA
ui wrote:

mister Shiru!...i tried Vortex Tracker II and works super fine. No lag or anythign wrong with the sound...

Is there is any kind of special config or something?

Have you tried increasing your buffer size? See this thread: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2548/ … e-problem/

Venezuela
alexras wrote:

Have you tried increasing your buffer size? See this thread: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2548/ … e-problem/

i was about to anwser like... WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???.... but i said... let me check if there is something that im missing.... YES I WAS MISSING SOMETHING.... i didnt saw the EDITOR tab..... a bad place for config mister Shiru! XDDDD....... i was loocking for that option at the menu and didnt found it, now i get why! LOL...

anyway, the problem is fixed... i incresed the BUFFER COUNT to 10 and now is all smooth smile))...

@Shiru, a short suggest! XDD... that option should be called CONFIG/OPTIONS/CONFIGURATION or something like that (if you will keep the place) and not EDITOR, since there are noobs like me that dont find the option because of the name.

btw, all is good now tongue now is time to create some beats there! tongue

Russia, Moscow

Ok, maybe I've named settings tab not so obvious indeed, but please! This thing explained in docs, and I even quoted it here. It starts from these words:

Go to editor settings window (Editor sheet of main window).

This situation repeats over and over again - people tell me they can't get proper sound, and after discussion which OSs, sound card, drivers, etc it turns they did not read help file, and haven't tried to actually config anything. These settings aren't something special, you have them in many sound programs and have to change them to minimize delays.