My girlfriend is having a birthday party tomorrow, so the first thing i thought was "omg a load of drunk people are gonna trash my gameboys" so i was going to hide them in the spare room but people are staying the night....

then i had an idea to turn the glass table we have, into a gameboy showcase! doesn't hold all the gameboys, but it works for some, and also anyone who sees it might say something like "oh you like gameboys? well i have an old one you can have!"

something like that anyway...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i almost did something like this smile Get some sweet rope light in there or EL wire and have some fun!!! :-D Looks great!

cool thanks! smile

i have a reel of LED ribbon that i have been using to underlight the kitchen, if there is any left i will use it on this, but i think this is tempory, i want all the gameboys in the same place, so this is just while i am working on a bigger display case.

also i am not sure about having them on show all the time, because the grey boys go yellow in the sun

California

I need you to give me all your gameboys immediately.

Last edited by Rei Yano (Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm)

Rei Yano wrote:

these pics anger me

because its not your coffee table?

Milan, Italy
NeX wrote:

also i am not sure about having them on show all the time, because the grey boys go yellow in the sun

...and the blue ones become greyish in the sun. sad

arottenbit wrote:
NeX wrote:

...and the blue ones become greyish in the sun. sad

do they? time for a table cloth i think

Plano, TX

Not bad. smile

I see a pink Pocket in the box. sad

PixyJunket wrote:

Not bad. smile

I see a pink Pocket in the box. sad

yea i wish i had space for all of them, some of the pockets look great, and the famitsu ones too, some day i will have a proper display for them,

but for now this was just a quick idea, took about half an hour to make, had all the bits lying around so cost nothing either...

Milan, Italy

with all the gameboys you have you could replace all the tiles of your bathroom floor. lol

arottenbit wrote:

with all the gameboys you have you could replace all the tiles of your bathroom floor. lol

waaaay ahead of you wink my GF's mum works with ceramics, we are planing to take a mould of a gameboy and a nes controller, and make some tiles for the kitchen, two rows of nes controllers with gameboys in the middle big_smile

So this where all the gameboys on ebay go!

New York, New York
NeX wrote:
arottenbit wrote:

waaaay ahead of you wink my GF's mum works with ceramics, we are planing to take a mould of a gameboy and a nes controller, and make some tiles for the kitchen, two rows of nes controllers with gameboys in the middle big_smile

You should check out Dutch artist Gijs Gieskes who molded a DMG brick and sold some at Blip Festival 2007!

they are very cool, but i think i can do them at a much higher quality, and i want them just as tiles too

astral cat

this is a really cool idea smile

now build a house using only gameboys!

an-cat-max wrote:

this is a really cool idea smile

now build a house using only gameboys!

lol i wish!

i was inspired by James may's lego house, maybe something like that!