Milan, Italy

Hi Guize.

I would really love to midi-sync my lsdj to some kind of drum machine/sampler.
I need it to make some pumping electro-house tunes and i don't care about having an old-school sound.

I'd like to spend not over 300/400€ for a second-hand unit.

I would prefer something analog, but if i could spend less even digital is ok.

any advice?

Korg ER-1.

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah the er1 is a fun little machine. Alternatvely a Roland sp404 is a dirt cheap fairly compact sampler

Matthew Joseph Payne

Almost any Electribe yes, SP 303 or 404 yes. You could also easily get a TR-707 in that price range. that would be neat. Maybe something by Jomox, that tends to be a bit pricey though.

Milan, Italy

uh... i didn't know that tr707s were so cheap.. awesome! I really like their sound!
but they have only sampled drums, right? i would really like to do some drum-synth work on them.. hmm

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've got an MC-303 and I love it.  It's a whole groovebox, though, with drums and synths of all types.  However, I got mine for about $90 CAD and most are priced around there so it's definitely cost effective and it contains all the popular Roland Drum machines.

Tokyo, Japan

Actually how possible is midi syncing ds10? Small and cheap and awesome

Milan, Italy

i've just found an Electribe ESX-1 for 350€ and i'm buying it.
I would have prefered something more old-school, but i could always load old-school samples on it.. so it's ok. smile

Just a very simple question since i've never had this "problem":
i just need to clock/tempo sync the gameboy and the electribe. Is it possible? Should i build an Arduinoboy or something more cheap is fine too?

Tokyo, Japan

I would check f the esx1 has smart media or sd. If it's smart media be prepared for hassle. 350 euros seems very high for a smart media version

Milan, Italy

i already have a 128MB smart media card from an old camera, so i shouldn't buy it.. (i've seen that they're really expensive!!)

btw it is the cheapest ESX-1 i could find here in europe.. al the other ones was around 450/550€... hmm

any advice about the sync?

Tokyo, Japan

Lsdj or nanoloop?

San Francisco

i would just get a sampler and throw in my own drum samples and roll like that.

astral cat

LGPT is pretty much just a compact extremely flexible drum machine if you wanna use it like that :3 could be a cheaper/awesome idea?

IL, US

arduinoboy should be fine
edit: also, with that 50 euros left in your budget, you should hunt for a used tr-626 smile

Matthew Joseph Payne

The esx-1 is a great machine and very versatile. You won't regret it. MIDI implementation is perfectly fine, and you'll have no trouble syncing.

San Francisco

sp-303, 202, 0r 404?