thieveland ohio

ok so i have a .nsf file it is dope and i figured out the load address and the init address and the play address. I changed the PlayAddy to match my file name. When I open the .nsf to delete the NSF header I don't have a line that starts with 0x00070. I got hexedit from here
http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~prewett/hexedit/ Is this the right Hexedit? I am getting all kinds of errors when I compile probaby because I still have the NSF header. Can anyone help?

Minneapolis

It would be helpful to know what OS you are using and what errors you are getting.

thieveland ohio

windows xp and

F:\Documents\vegaplay>asm6 vegaplay.asm test.bin                                                                                                               
pass 1..                                                                       
vegaplay.asm(29): Not a number.                                                 
vegaplay.asm(30): Not a number.                                                 
vegaplay.asm(31): Not a number.

F:\Documents\vegaplay>copy /b test.bin+geo.chr vegaplay.nes                     
Path not found

F:\Documents\vegaplay>del test.bin                                             
test.bin : File Not Found       

F:\Documents\vegaplay>pause                                                     
Press Return key to continue:

thieveland ohio

ok worked through that error now I am getting this one

F:\Documents\vegaplay>asm6 vegaplay.asm test.bin                                                                                                               
pass 1..                                                                       
pass 2..                                                                       
test.bin written (32784 bytes).                                                                                                                                 

F:\Documents\vegaplay>copy /b test.bin+geo.chr vegaplay.nes                     
Path not found
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              F:\Documents\vegaplay>del test.bin

F:\Documents\vegaplay>pause                                                     
Press Return key to continue:

Minneapolis

hmmmmm. Lemme download vegaplay and mess with it for myself and see what I can come up with. I suspect it's just a problem of something not being in quite the right spot. Possibly geo.chr.

EDIT: Hmm, seems possible that geo.chr is possibly not in the root folder anymore, or you renamed it?

Last edited by arfink (Nov 6, 2010 2:51 am)

GNV / FL / USA
arfink wrote:

EDIT: Hmm, seems possible that geo.chr is possibly not in the root folder anymore, or you renamed it?

Yep.

thieveland ohio

Yep...thats what did it DOH!