rochester, ny

so, here's my problem.

my songs sound fine in famitracker. i export them to nsf and put them on my powerpak. i have a separate output for the expansion audio. when i play the song back, i notice a lot of weird glitchy noises coming from the vrc6 channels, specifically the saw channel, i think.

the two pulse channels kind of sound a little fuzzy and the saw channel has all these weird pops on it. it almost sounds like, for a split second the volume goes to the max and then back down to normal.

i don't know. anyone else have this problem? what do y'all do about your vrc6 stuff?

San Francisco

recording please.
also original too.

Last edited by wedanced (Nov 13, 2010 10:51 pm)

As far as I know, the Powerpak emulates expansion audio playback and sends it through the DPCM channel. I've heard it doesn't do a very good job of this.

rochester, ny
PlainFlavored wrote:

sends it through the DPCM channel

are you sure about this? because the audio of it doesn't come out of the same output as the dpcm channel.

Last edited by nickmaynard (Nov 13, 2010 11:58 pm)

astral cat
PlainFlavored wrote:

As far as I know, the Powerpak emulates expansion audio playback and sends it through the DPCM channel. I've heard it doesn't do a very good job of this.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

edit: hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited by an-cat-max (Nov 13, 2010 11:45 pm)

PlainFlavored wrote:

uhajdafdfdfa

the expansion chips are emulated by a fpga i think yes but they don't get played on through dpcm
they get played through the special audio in pin that nintendo put there for expansion audio (the one that you have to do the modification to use on a NES)

so it's not quite as bad as it seems

i don't know the answer to the question though sad:(

Fuck me, right?