Anaheim, California

Invader is a street artist who does mosaics of characters from the game Space Invaders and other retro inspired pixel art all around the world.  What do you guys think of him?

http://www.space-invaders.com/

Minneapolis

That's kinda cool, actually.

New York City

I think it's old.

Central-ish VA

I had the pleasure of seeing some of his work while in Paris, totally great.

San Luis Obispo, CA
akira^8GB wrote:

I think it's old.

But still awesome.

Brazil

I like mosaics. True old school pixel art.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jun 27, 2010 4:17 am)

Brooklon

Saw one of these not aday ago as I was crossing the street somewhere in Manhattan. Looks like it had seen better days. I definitely like what he's doing/did when it's well executed though.

Anaheim, California
akira^8GB wrote:

I think it's old.

not surprised, I'm not that updated on my street artists smile

Note! wrote:

Saw one of these not aday ago as I was crossing the street somewhere in Manhattan. Looks like it had seen better days. I definitely like what he's doing/did when it's well executed though.

Ya, I read once that people try to tear them from walls alot

Washington DC

I like seeing sprites out on the street and stuff. That's always fun.

New York City
Russolo wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I think it's old.

not surprised, I'm not that updated on my street artists smile

REGARDLESS it's fun to just cross path across one of these.
The thing is, they are not all made by the same guy. The guy started the "movement" and made a bunch.
The actual implementation is by a ton of people worldwide.

I actually found a very surprising one under a bridge in Geneva. That was real fun to find.

The City Of Angels

Yeah, pretty old... in fact so old there was a documentary released related to him by Banksy and whatnot:

Check it out if you haven't seen it. I failed to go to the opening night in LA as well, a bit ago. ;[

There was this one massive girl swinging on a letter on a nearby bsns building nearby the theatre, probably still up. Noice stuff.

Last edited by Mono (Jun 29, 2010 8:26 am)

Venezuela

yah is old, and ""good"" in some way... but is a shame he dont do that with his own art! sad(( is always easy use a brand to be famous with that. The good thing is... he do that in to many, many, many places, thats the cool part. But it dont really have a creative merit, which is a shame sad

Anaheim, California
Mono wrote:

Yeah, pretty old... in fact so old there was a documentary released related to him by Banksy and whatnot:

Check it out if you haven't seen it. I failed to go to the opening night in LA as well, a bit ago. ;[

There was this one massive girl swinging on a letter on a nearby bsns building nearby the theatre, probably still up. Noice stuff.

wiw never seen that trailer, but I had heard about the documentary before, I have to check that out

NSW, Australia

The actual documentary is weird haha. It's a documentary about someone making a documentary on bansky.