Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Starpause

Brazil

11hz robot for the win.
I second the L-tron dats or gtfo!

I enjoy natty's work, as bleo's, starpause dirty drums...

Need to check some dats.

FlashHeart

Starpause, Bleo, Matt Nida and Bud Melvin take the cake for me. Bud's and Matt's songs for the Farplite comp are totally the highlights.

As far as my stuff goes - it's VERY simple, especially when it comes to synthesis. And sample choice/creation. And arrangement.

I make pop music. But I'm psyched people like it and it's way better, more unique, and interesting than my Game Boy stuff (at least I think so.)

Especially because I haven't recorded any of the new stuff I've been playing live.

Godzilladelph

3rd Lazerbeat, fuckin icemilk and overlords. lgpt is awesome simply cause of its flexibility, u can load any sample you want into it. and unlike lsdj you wont get akward stares when you use it around campus

San Francisco

itybity

Brazil
Natty wrote:

As far as my stuff goes - it's VERY simple, especially when it comes to synthesis. And sample choice/creation. And arrangement.

Using the piggy is not just about synthesis, is about the right choice of samples. Pulselooper always says that to me. Always. And he is right, any sample based music program can make beautiful music if you choose the right cast of samples and tune them correctly tongue

Also my stuff is pretty simple and I also make pop music. There's no shame on that!

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Nov 19, 2010 8:52 pm)

New York City
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

any sample based music program can make beautiful music if you choose the right cast of samples and tune them correctly tongue

Sample based music is more complex in this aspect than synthesis. Landing onto the right texture or what you want takes a lot of "sample-digging". It takes more time for me to find the right samples than synthesizing, but the end results are in my opinion a lot better.

I still like synthesis for the basics like a bass sound.

I don't even have a PSP anymore to talk about LGPT anyway ;/ but you can check the one track I released xD

Unsubscribe

im the opposite.. i much rather craft the sound using sound design then start with the limitations of a sample...I only get stuff done in piggy using osc mode,,,

Matt nida and lazerbeat yes

Maybe I need to put together a hexawe radio too haha

Edit: smartphone disobedience

Last edited by mk (Nov 20, 2010 3:36 am)

San Francisco

no but for real guys itybity http://itybity.org/#Music

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138329512870384

Last edited by wedanced (Nov 21, 2010 1:06 am)

herr_prof wrote:

final answer:most of everyone on hexawe.

San Antonio, Texas

needs moar links!

London, UK

To take what Akira said a step further, one of the brilliant things about using any sample based tracker is the high-resolution control you have over the sounds you put in... If you've got a complex sample (e.g. a pad sound/chord) you can make some insane multilayered soundscapes in Piggy just by using the filter, volume and PLOF commands. Recently I've been getting some great results by jamming out some chord patterns freehand in Reaktor (no sequencing), then importing the recording into Piggy.

Also, quite a few of the sounds on the two tracks I did on Metrodub were made from samples of heavily reverbed acoustic instruments. I dumped them in Piggy, cut off the attack in the instruments settings and used the reverb tail as chords (the offbeat 'skank' pattern in Going Up is the reverb tail from a harp chord sample).

M-.-n's Srugrest (on Hexawe) is a mind-bendingly clever demonstration of what can be achieved this way... I'll never be able to make something that good. So while the synthesis possibilities with single-cycle samples are impressive, you can really achieve some next-level stuff if you throw some chunkier samples in there!

London, UK
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Also my stuff is pretty simple and I also make pop music. There's no shame on that!

Which reminds me, have you ever released this anywhere?:
http://www.vimeo.com/8972044

Really liked it!

Brazil
matt.nida wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Which reminds me, have you ever released this anywhere?:
http://www.vimeo.com/8972044

Really liked it!

Yes, I released it! It's on my last release (I Was A Teenage Zombie, all using lgpt and you can ind it here)
It's called Pouring and by the time of this video it didn't had a name hahaha
Thanks a lot, Matt! big_smile It means a lot to me that you liked. Shows me I'm not doing things wrong hahaha

IL, US

one great thing about piggy (that i feel is underused) is that its pretty solid when it comes to midi control off a gp2x smile

were all things i made with piggy tracker controlling midi gear (i have more thats not out yet, but is sitting on a hard drive done, jjust waiting on some shit)