Whitley Bay, England

Hopefully getting this for Christmas..

It's like a controller for iTouch/iPhone, for software that supports it. At the moment, I believe it's only Akai's own software, and the apparently incredible NanoStudio. Velocity sensitive and modulation/pitch wheels - you can also use it as a full MIDI controller and shiznit.
It sells for around £75/$99, which seems pretty reasonable to me.
Guess this could be a handy tool for some portable musicians who would prefer to play a real keyboard hm?

california

that's nice for 99$. i wonder if it sends osc signals, cuz that would be cool. actually it would be kinda lame if it didn't.

Sweden

Does it have MIDI in too? I mean so that you could eventually plugin more keys

Whitley Bay, England

I'm not sure if it has MIDI in - most things I've read just say it has "full MIDI support", whatever that could mean.

It'd be nice to have a pretty cool sounding synth for £75 + £1.19 for the app. Pretty cheap really, haha.
The app has 2 synths and a drum sequencer iirc - NanoStudio is like £9 but has sampling and more effects and apparently sounds better.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

It only has MIDI via USB.... and currently there are very few supported Apps (it doesn't work across all music apps)

Whitley Bay, England

Yeah I know - as I said, it works with Akai's app and NanoStudio. However, the software/code/whatever makes the iPod work with this is freely available, so any dev has the option to add this to their app.
Shame about the USB only, but eh. The MIDI functionality isn't the most appealing thing about this anyway.

I found a brilliant video demoing all the features last night - I'll post it in a few minutes. Seems pretty awesome though!

Whitley Bay, England