boomlinde wrote:

This stuff is made for FM! Count me in, please. My idea is to take the orchestral stuff from the new movie and down-tone it to Wendy Carlos style using FM.

This.  FM remakes was the first thing of which I thought when I heard it.

Minneapolis
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Well, I understand that'd be no problem using songs from the first OST, right? Wendy Carlos stuff are so awesome.

Well, it's called Tron *Legacy* tribute/remix compo. I suppose if I get like only 2 entries based on the new movie OST I'll allow some tracks in from the old OST, or perhaps as a bonus or something. Go ahead and make the music though, I'm sure we'll want to hear it.

São Paulo, Brazil
Beware wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

This stuff is made for FM! Count me in, please. My idea is to take the orchestral stuff from the new movie and down-tone it to Wendy Carlos style using FM.

This.  FM remakes was the first thing of which I thought when I heard it.

3d that! Specially because right now I'm so into Adlib Tracker. This will really be a great comp, count me in.

Westfield, NJ

I've preordered the soundtrack so as soon as it comes out I plan to make something for this.

Minneapolis

Whoop whoop, Tron Legacy comes out this Friday! Get out there and see it and get some inspiration and goooooooo. Also still interested in hearing from some artists who want to make art for the cover. smile

Westfield, NJ

I've listened to the soundtrack a bunch of times and I know what song I want to remix, just haven't had the time to do it.

São Paulo, Brazil

I'll get the track "The Son of Flynn" smile

Westfield, NJ

I'm reserving "End of Line" right now.

PULSELOOPER:  Son of Flynn is already taken, I do assure you.  'Twill likely be finished tonight.  I may also start work on an Adagio for Tron bit, but we'll see how that shakes out a little further down the line.

São Paulo, Brazil
Beware wrote:

PULSELOOPER:  Son of Flynn is already taken, I do assure you.  'Twill likely be finished tonight.  I may also start work on an Adagio for Tron bit, but we'll see how that shakes out a little further down the line.

Fine. Shouldn't people then start to write the songs they chose on this thread? It's like I say, "Decktronic, 'End of Line' is already taken, I assure you" ¬¬

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (Dec 17, 2010 10:15 am)

Westfield, NJ

You know, it's not like each song can only have one remix...

Minneapolis

Yeah, remix whatever you want. We'll likely have more than one version of certain songs, as they are just too cool to not want to remix. smile

São Paulo, Brazil

ah, that's so much better. BTW, just arrived from the Tron session (it's a miracle it opened today in Brazil). Hell of a movie. Awesome sound & production design.

I hadn't posted because I was one of the people involved when we created this comp, didn't think it was really necessary.

Westfield, NJ

Yeah I just saw the movie last night, it's amazing.

Minneapolis

The deadline approacheth! Thou shalt worketh on your chippy machinations forthwith and stuff, OK?