Milan, Italy

Hi guys.

I'm just wondering if i could sync an half-clock-gameboy with another midi device.
There could be some problems with bpm changes/differences?

Brisbane, Australia

It should work fine generally, it'll synchronize to whatever source you give it at the same apparent speed. If you synchronize other devices to the game boy they will show a different tempo to the game boy but the timing should be correct. The game boy's internal clock shouldn't affect its ability to sync to external timing information.

do it, its loads of fun, i had two gameboys synced and one was pitch bent, by changing the pictch just changes the key of the music without it going out of time.

the only problem is if you drop the CPU speed too much then it doesn't run fast enough to process the sync data properly, and then it starts to go out of time a bit

Dublin, Ireland

I will have to find my underclocked DMG and give this a go, I always assumed it wouldn't work... Stupid me. roll

Last edited by iNFOTOXIN (Dec 2, 2010 7:54 pm)

Milan, Italy

thanks for the replies! smile

can someone please test it? i should sync the gameboy to a drummachine using an arduinoboy.

Milan, Italy

uh and nex.. i knew you was selling in the past some arduinoboy diy kits.
Can i still buy one of they? PM me!

rochester, ny
arottenbit wrote:

uh and nex.. i knew you was selling in the past some arduinoboy diy kits.
Can i still buy one of they? PM me!

a friend of mine wants to build his own arduinoboy. PM me if you're still doing this too!

Unsubscribe

if you are looking for an midi shield there is always:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9595

yea i am still selling midi kits you are welcome to drop me an email smile Ralph (dot) nex (at) gmail (dot) com